The Toolbar is the blue bar at the lower part of the screen in Club Penguin. It is the main part of the interface allowing the players to communicate with other players and view penguin info. During the Prehistoric Party, the toolbar was changed to a prehistoric theme, and it was made of stone.
These are the main features of the Toolbar:
- Easy/Quick Chat Button (Speech bubble)
The Easy Chat Button has many filtered and pre-written messages for the player to use. It can be used on all servers but it is mainly used on the Safe Chat servers.
- Emote Menu (Winking face)
Players can use this menu to choose from a number of emotes (emoticons).
- Action Menu (Sitting penguin)
From this menu, players can choose from a number of actions: sitting in a desired direction, waving, or dancing.
- Snowball Button (Snowball)
Players can click on this button to fire a Snowball.
- Note that the "t" key also does this faster.
- Chat Box (Long, dark blue box)
This is where the player can type a message. It can only be used on Open Chat servers. They can send it by pressing the [enter] key or the Speech bubble button located next to the Chat box.
- Edit Player Button
This button can be clicked on to open up the player's player card.
- Note that depending on whether the penguin is a member or a non-member, there will be different signs. Non-members will have a Gold Star sign, which is what every penguin used to have, and members will have the Member Badge.
- Buddy list Button (a pink penguin and a yellow penguin, formerly a smiley face)
This button opens up the Buddy list.
- Visit Igloo Button (igloo, formerly house)
This button allows the player to visit the penguin's igloo. It is the only way of visiting your igloo unless you're a member and it's on the map.
- Information Button (cog, formerly question mark)
This button allows the player to see the age of their penguin in days, what server they are on, mute music, link to the Manage Accounts pages, and how many buddies their penguin has.
Penguin Chat 3
The chat bar in Penguin Chat 3 is sort of similar, but not the same. The toolbar in Penguin Chat 3 has a special "lift" feature that hides most of the chat bar when it's clicked.
- It used to be possible to change safe chat to normal chat.
- When you are a non-member, the button to bring up your player card is a star.
- When you are a member, the button to bring up your player card is in the shape of a member badge instead of a star.
- The Emoticons button used to be a regular smiling face, now it is a winking face.
- You talk on normal chat using the chat bar.
- On ultimate safe chat servers, you can't use the chat bar.
- The penguin on the actions button is a Penguin Chat 3 penguin because he is wearing old blue