|Full Name||The Sensei (formerly ??????)|
|Position||Sensei of the Dojo, Fire Dojo and Water Dojo|
|Appeared|| Excavating the Dojo|
In the Dojo
In the Ninja Hideout
In the Fire Dojo
In the Water Dojo
|Clothing|| Hat1 · 2|
Senseis Beard Fire
Senseis Robe Fire
Sensei's Water Robe
|Friends With||Gamma Gal|
Sensei (formerly ??????) is the penguin who built the Dojo. He created all of the Card-Jitsu games, and is the only penguin that wears the color gray. Sensei appears to be a very old penguin. He has a white beard, thick white eyebrows, and a traditional oriental conical straw hat.
Long before 2008, Sensei built the Dojo then went on a "long journey", which (according to him) lasted until his return in November 2008. This journey lead him to learning about the elements of Fire, Water, and Snow.
Sensei was first seen on Club Penguin after the Storm, which heavily damaged the Dojo rooftop. It is thought that he started the Dig Out the Dojo project, because throughout the ordeal he was seen digging snow in the Dojo Courtyard (as ??????). When the Dojo was successfully dug out, Sensei revealed himself, as well as a new card game known as Card-Jitsu. After earning your Black Belt in Card-Jitsu, you must beat Sensei in a Card-Jitsu match to earn the Ninja Mask, thus becoming a ninja.
Sensei's first role in 2009 was when he hid the eggs for the annual Easter Egg Hunt. From July 3rd until July 5th 2009, he revealed a new technique later revealed to be cloud waves. This was also his first appearance as a meetable mascot. Shortly prior to the Halloween Party 2009, the volcano near the Dojo started to become active. Sensei decided to create Amulets (like his) to advance ninja training further. He determined that it was time to start mastering the element of fire soon afterwards, which lead to "Sensei's Scavenger Hunt". After the scavenger hunt was complete and all of the fire items were collected, the Fire Dojo was built on the top of the volcano. Along with the new dojo, a new training game known as Card-Jitsu Fire was created by Sensei so that ninjas could master the element of Fire and become Fire Ninjas.
When The Great Storm of 2010 arrived, Sensei knew that the time had come for ninjas to master the element of water. After the rainstorm cleared, he decided to start the "Water Hunt", which sent ninjas on a hunt for water items. After the hunt was completed and all items were collected, the Water Dojo was built in a nearby Waterfall. Once again he created a new training game, Card-Jitsu Water, to help ninjas master the element of water and become Water Ninjas.
In November 2011 Sensei set up a Card-Jitsu Party, to recruit more penguins to be ninjas, fire ninjas and water ninjas.
In 2013 Sensei waddled around during the Chinese New Year. He also attended the Hollywood Party. In early May, Sensei vanished and left a note saying for ninjas to train.
 Shadow Guy and Gamma Gal: Heroes Unite!
Main article: Shadow Guy and Gamma Gal: Heroes Unite!
Please note the content in this section is made to look non-canon even though it was created by Club Penguin. So, as a result none of this information may be completely accurate to canonical Club Penguin history.
Presumably before 2008, Sensei trained a girl named Amy who would later become the heroine known as Gamma Gal. This is set up as non-canon because it is a story written by a normal penguin in 2010, and their story has many time flaws and other errors; which you can view here.
 Sensei's Games
These are games that sensei has created to play with other penguins when he's waddling around Club Penguin.
- Chat-Jitsu: Sensei would name an element, and players have to answer with what beats it, as fast as they can (Sensei often tricks people, by naming random things like marshmallows).
- Hit-a-Gong!: Sensei would name a creature, and players have to hit the gong with the named creature on it (Sensei often tricks people by naming creatures like seahorses).
- I spy...: Sensei would name the color of something and players have to name it.
- Ninja run!: Sensei gets players to run left & right in the Ninja Hideout.
- The Fire Game: While in the Fire Dojo, Sensei would shout 'FIRE!' and players must run to something with fire on it.
During his visits, Sensei sometimes talks to penguins in haiku.
The wisest penguin,
Knows that every journey begins,
With a single step.
Like the great cookie,
We must have honor and strength,
And chocolate chips.
To write a haiku,
You just need to write three line,
Of 5, 7, 5.
The sky is orange,
As orange as orange,
Or a tangerine.
Like the Black Puffle,
Sometimes we don't like to smile,
But skateboard instead.
To find true wisdom,
You must train hard and focus,
And don't skip breakfast.
This is a haiku,
An epic awesome haiku,
This haiku is done.
Fires must be round,
Search all across the island,
Be very careful.
The greatest Ninja,
Never gives up a battle,
Or a cup of tea.
It is quite easy,
To sound like you have wisdom,
When talking haiku.
 Sensei's Knowledge of other Famous Penguins
Sensei has three explanations about his knowledge of Rockhopper. It is unknown why he knows and doesn't know him. However it may be because Sensei is an old penguin who may be forgetful:
- Rockhopper: Rockhopper, you say? He is a most wonderous pirate, as well as wise.
- Rockhopper: Rockhopper? I do not know this lad. Does he know me?
- Rockhopper: Rockhopper. Silly penguin. Much to learn in the ways of ninja.
- Gary: Gary? I do not know much about him... I hear he is a famous scientist.
- Aunt Arctic: Aunt Arctic writes in the paper, doesn't she. Listen to her words.
 Never Wake a Sleeping Sensei
- Main article: Never Wake a Sleeping Sensei.
Never Wake a Sleeping Sensei is the first official Club Penguin Animated Short. Sensei pretends to be sleepwalking to get four ninjas to have teamwork, rather than fight. This is also the first time we hear Sensei's voice.
Sensei's player card when he isn't wearing an element coat.
Sensei in a Card-Jitsu match.
Sensei hiding the eggs for the Easter Egg Hunt 2009. (Club Penguin Times; 2009)
Sensei in his Fire Suit. (c. 2009)
Sensei playing Card-Jitsu Fire. (c. 2009)
Sensei training a Ninja.
Sensei stamp (2010)
Sensei in his Water Suit. (Card-Jitsu Water wallpaper; 2010)
Sensei observating The Wilderness. (Club Penguin Times; c. 2011)
Sensei in the Ninja Headquarters.
Sensei using a Combo move in Card-Jitsu Snow.
- "Sensei" means teacher in Japanese.
- There originally was no stamp given for meeting Sensei as of September 7, 2010. It was later released on November 16 2010.
- According to Sensei's thoughts, he has a beta hat.
- The "Ask Aunt Arctic" section in the Club Penguin Times has been temporarily changed to have have Sensei answer questions on multiple occasions.
- Sensei has many Puffle friends, but have never adopted one of his own.
- Sensei is Gray because he is very old.
- He's the only penguin yet to have the complete Amulet.
- Apparently he has shared cups of tea with Rockhopper according to Issue 317 of the Club Penguin Times.
- He is most seen drinking tea.
 See also