|Position||Secret Agent, Comm Lead, The Director (future)|
|Appeared||Secret Missions, sometimes in the Newspaper|
Dark Green (only when waddling around)
Cardboard Box (sometimes)
|Friends With||Gary, Jet Pack Guy, Dot, The Director|
|“||This place should be my igloo!||”|
— Rookie talking about A Silly Place.
Rookie is the public relations officer for the PSA and a novice Secret Agent. He is also the communication lead, just as Gary is the tech lead. He is a green penguin wearing a red propeller cap and red sunglasses in PSA Secret Missions but also wearing a Red Hawaiian Shirt and the Box Costume online. He appears in Secret Missions #3, #7, #10, and #11. His first appearance is in the mission 'Case of the Missing Coins', where he is examining the vault. Like most people who are Rookies in real-life activities, Rookie makes mistakes that more experienced agents wouldn't. He seems to be very dumbfounded sometimes. He is also an Elitist. Rookie has been a mascot at certain parties since the April Fools' Party 2011; and meeting him gets you the Rookie's Giveaway Background and the Rookie stamp. Rookie can wear the Red Hawaiian Shirt and the Box Costume at the same time (because he has a special box costume that is a neck item), he can also fly with the Red Propeller Cap while wearing those items.
Rookie made up a poem for the Club Penguin Times during April Fools' Day 2010:
|“|| Quack, whack, thwack, ack!
Why can't I be on the right track?
Who's the penguin with the Propeller hat?
It's me, the Rookie,
And that is that!
This poem, however, makes Twee laugh her head off, but displeases the other Elite Agents.
He appears as a famous meetable character online. You get a stamp for meeting him.
Mission 10: Is a member of the Waddle Squad. He accidentally tells Herbert about the golden Puffle at the Night Club, but that was deemed fine because the puffle was a trap. Then he prepares the Electromagnet 3000 in the Gift Shop but can not power it due to forgetting to bring the Solar Panel 3000. After capturing Herbert, Rookie gives him his Spy Phone and allows Herbert to teleport away and escape, only to leave behind a packet of seeds.
Mission 11: Is sent to investigate the disappearance of several items in the Gift Shop. He also wonders if wigs can be part of their uniforms. Afterward, he helps you stop Herbert's video transmission. He later appears in the HQ during the popcorn-bomb crisis.
Also, in the 7th, 10th and 11th missions, if you move your cursor towards his hat, the propeller will spin.
In Video Games
In Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force for Nintendo DS, Rookie gets trapped behind a river in the Wilderness. Rookie appears in Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force: Herbert's Revenge in multiple missions, including downloadable missions.
Rookie appears in Club Penguin: Game Day! for Nintendo Wii as a cameo in the Fast Freeze Easy level.
In the future, Rookie will not be the Comm Lead anymore. He will improve his skills and become the most important penguin in the Extra-Planetary Federation. He will replace Aunt Arctic and become The Director.
Club Penguin Magazine
He makes frequent appearances in the Club Penguin Magazine and is a recurring character in the comics.
- During the Underwater Expedition, there was a bug that showed Rookie as an Aqua penguin in the player card.
Knowledge of Other Characters
- Stated by himself in Mission 11, he had to take the Secret Agent Test 44 times.
- In certain issues of The Club Penguin Times, Rookie takes over for Aunt Arctic in the "Ask Aunt Arctic" column due to an upcoming event. So far, these are the April Fools Party 2010, April Fools' Party 2011, and The Fair 2012.
- Rookie can understand and speak a bit of crab language, as he can almost understand Klutzy's clicking in System Defender.
- He has a Blue Hawaiian Shirt and a pair of blue sunglasses, as seen in the Club Penguin Times.[which issue?]
- Despite his color being green, he was seen wearing dark green at the April Fools' Party 2011.
- As well as Rookie being the Public Relations Officer of the EPF, he's the Comm Lead too. That was his status when he talked to you after finishing the Field-Op.
- Rookie has crashed the Hydro Hopper boat before, as stated in Club Penguin Times issue 360.
- Rookie has a wooden puffle, as revealed in WaddleOn: Sidekick Search
- According to him, he has two pets, a rock and a rubber duck.
- Rookie glued his hat on his head as he revealed in the Club Penguin Magazine comics. However, in a Club Penguin Times issue, Rookie is seen playing in The Fair 2014 rides and the hat is going out of his head.
- Along with you and Gary, Rookie was trapped inside of the PSA HQ by Herbert in Mission #11.
- In the future, it is rumored that he will replace Aunt Arctic and become The Director of the Extra-Planetary Federation.
Names in other languages
Sources and References