Red Propeller Cap
|Red Propeller Cap|
April Fools' Party 2006|
April Fools' Party 2008
April Fools' Party 2010
Ski Village (2008)
|Item ID(s)||407 (parties), 10407 (unlockable)|
The Red Propeller Cap is a head item on Club Penguin given away during the 2006, 2008 & 2010 April Fool's Day parties. It was the first propeller cap. When dancing with no other clothes on, players float from the ground. It also works while wearing a Jet Pack and walking a Green Puffle.
The Red Propeller Cap first came out in the 2006 April Fool's Day Party. Soon afterward it appeared in secret agent missions, with characters such as Rookie wearing it. The Red Propeller Cap remained an icon in Club Penguin, seeing as it was one of the rarest items that had not been reintroduced. However, the Red Propeller Cap came back in 2008 for the April Fool's Day Party, removing its once rare status. The Red Propeller Cap was at its peak during 2006-2007 (before the introduction of the Blue Propeller Cap); penguins seen with it were often joined and the ability to hover was sought after during the period. It is classified as a common item.
|Party||Catalog||Available from||Available until|
|April Fool's Party 2006||None||March 31, 2006||April 1, 2006|
|April Fools' Party 2008||None||March 28, 2008||April 2, 2008|
|None||Series 2 Treasure Book||December 22, 2008||October 4, 2011|
|April Fools' Party 2010||None||March 31, 2010||April 4, 2010|
|None||Series 8 Treasure Book||April 19, 2010||October 4, 2011|
- It was featured in the dot-to-dot of Issue 201 of the newspaper.
- Rookie appeared wearing it in several Secret Agent Missions.
- It appeared many times in the rooms of secret missions.
- One of the 101 Days of Fun characters wears it.
- It is seen on every green puffle when it flies.
- Rookie was seen wearing a similar item during the April Fool's Party 2011 but a different color.
- On the Join Team Red postcard.
- On the You're Funny postcard.
- Previously, there was a glitch that newly added clothes did not appear on the screen of the players penguin until the Edit Player box was closed, so players could still get the effects of the cap without it appearing on screen made it look like the players penguin was levitating, although only the player themselves could see this happening.
- There was a glitch where you can remove the propeller cap while flying in the air and still fly.
The Red Propeller Cap in-game in My Penguin.
Names in other languages
|Portuguese||Boné com Hélice|
|Spanish||Gorra con hélice roja|
|Russian||Красная кепка с пропеллером|