A typical Blue Puffle.
|Appearances|| Club Penguin Island|
|Color|| Blue Puffle|
Puffles (Moschomicrotherium pufflei) are small, furry creatures native to the Club Penguin Island which can currently be purchased in the Pet Shop on Club Penguin. Puffles were discovered sometime in 2005.
There are a variety of colors to choose from. Members may adopt up to 20 puffles of any kind, while non-members are restricted to only two (blue and red only). However, former members get to keep their puffles. Non-members can get member Puffles by using a code and getting them from the treasure book. Some puffles can help you play games.
Since October 14th 2011, when you look at your Puffle for the first time, Agent PH will appear and give you a brief introduction to Puffles. Here is what she will say:
"G'Day! I'm here to show you how to care for your Puffles! Click these tabs to: Feed, Play, Rest, Clean and Dress your Puffle! When you run out of food, click this catalog to buy some more! Have Fun, and Good Look!" She will then vanish, and cannot be seen again unless you use a cheating device.
Following the update of the Penguin Style for June's edition, puffles also received a change in sprite graphics.
In November 2005, a ball of fluff was spotted at the Snow Forts. Later, more of these "puff balls" were spotted all around the island. The Plaza was opened soon after with a pathway leading to what is today the Forest. In this area, penguins could search for puffles. Green, Blue, Pink, and Black Puffles would show up. If you saw a puffle and clicked on it, you would be rewarded with 1000 coins. The Black Puffles were the hardest to spot, as they would often hide in the shadows. If you found a Black Puffle, you would be rewarded with 1200 coins. Moderator Billybob threw a contest to name these creatures, and the winning name was "puffle". Penguins rounded the puffles up near the Snow Forts for Club Penguin's first Christmas Party. On St. Patrick's Day of 2006, penguins were able to adopt puffles of their own for the first time. At first, only Blue Puffle could be adopted. Two weeks after, Pink, Black, and Green were available. Puffles are half the size of penguins (24 inches) and weigh 11 pounds.
 Color Discoveries
- In PSA Mission 1, a Purple Puffle was spotted- and on August 25, 2006, they were available to adopt.
- The first Pink, Blue, Green and Black Puffles were discovered in the Snow Forts when the Plaza opened.
- The first Red Puffle was Yarr.
- The first Yellow Puffle was discovered during the Halloween Party 2007.
- The first White Puffle was discovered during the Puffle Party 2009.
- The first Orange Puffle was discovered during the Puffle Party 2010.
- The first Brown Puffle was discovered during the Wilderness Expedition.
- The first Rainbow Puffle was discovered during the Puffle Party 2013, high up in the clouds.
When a player clicks on a puffle, a close up of your puffle is shown, and is known as the Puffle Card.
Not much is known about puffle language. Their main sound is squeaking, as seen in Puffle Roundup and by mousing over the puffles in Aunt Arctic's igloo in Secret Mission 1. Puffles also seem to be able to communicate with each other in some way because in many secret agent missions and/or EPF missions, puffles work together without making any sounds. It is possible that they communicate by smiling, as there is a comic where a penguin infiltrates the puffle society and studies their language.
 Types of Puffles
All Puffles are at a cost of 800 coins per puffle. The Blue and Red Puffles are the only puffles that are available to both non-members and members. Every puffle other than the blue and red ones require a membership to purchase. If a toy puffle is bought at a real store, one can unlock a member puffle.
- Blue Puffle - It was also the first puffle in March 2006 when they became available. The blue Elite Puffle is called Bouncer.
- Red Puffle - They originally came from Rockhopper Island, but have now been domesticated for igloo usage. The most famous red Puffle is Rockhopper's puffle, Yarr. They can play with you in Catchin' Waves at the Cove. The red Elite Puffle is called Blast.
- Pink Puffle - They are known for their sportiness. They are also depicted as cheerful. They can play with you in Aqua Grabber at the Iceberg. The pink Elite Puffle is called Loop.
- Black Puffle - They are known for their reluctancy and shadowiness. Many penguins tend to view black puffles as "gangster-like". They rarely smile, but they will smile when pleased. It can play Cart Surfer with you. The black Elite Puffle is called Flare.
- Green Puffle - They are known to be very energetic and active. They are also the fastest puffles. They are much like clowns, and are usually seen with a Propeller Cap or a unicycle. The most famous green Puffle is the Keeper of the Boiler Room. It can play Jet Pack Adventure with you. The green Elite Puffle is called Flit.
- Yellow Puffle - They are very creative and artistic, and are known to sculpt and paint perfect pieces of art. Yellow Puffles were first sighted in October 2007 and made available for members in November of that year. Yellow Puffles can play in DJ3K. The yellow Elite Puffle is called Chirp.
- Purple Puffle - They were discovered in August 2006. They are known to dance and be picky eaters. The purple puffle can play with you in the minigame Dance Contest. Cadence has a purple puffle named Lolz. The purple Elite Puffle is called Pop.
- White Puffle - The White Puffle was introduced to Club Penguin on Friday March 6, 2009. They are smaller than all other puffles. They are also known for their ability to turn anything in to ice, or create slopes of ice from thin air. The white puffle is the newest Elite Puffle, called Chill.
- Orange Puffle - The Orange Puffle were discovered on February 25, 2010. They were spotted in the Box Dimension and riding on the ski lift in the Ski Hill. Orange Puffles have been depicted as goofy and clownlike, much like Green Puffles. They are also the slowest puffles. There is no orange Elite Puffle yet.
- Brown Puffle - The Brown Puffle were discovered on January 17, 2011 in the Wilderness. Brown Puffles seem very intelligent, wearing safety goggles and possibly inventing the machine at the Cliff. They were first found in the Brown Puffle Cave (Wilderness Expedition). They seem to reside on their own small island, like Red Puffles did before Rockhopper's arrival. Likewise, there is no brown Elite Puffle yet.
- Rainbow Puffle - Not much is known about the Rainbow Puffle. They first appeared in a Hollywood Party advertisement video on an I Heart My Rainbow Puffle T-Shirt. They are rumored to have similar characteristics to chameleons.
- Main article: Puffle Hybrids
 Famous Puffles
- See Yarr.
 Keeper of the Boiler Room
According to the Library book "Truth or Dare", which is found in the Book Room, the green puffle dancing on the speaker in the Night Club was the long-lost "Keeper" of the Boiler Room. If you look at the book cover you can see her.
Apart from this, the puffle was also seen playing with the puck in the Ice Rink in mid-July. She also appears in the Great Puffle Switch book and her gender was revealed as female.
 Keeper of the Stage
- See Keeper of the Stage.
The Keeper of the Stage is a Yellow Puffle that resides at the stage. It appears in every stage play, when you press the yellow lever on the Switchbox 3000.
- See main article: Lolz.
 Elite Puffles
- See main article: Elite Puffles.
All these puffles (except Chill) are characters in the Christmas story "Puffle Pal Adventures: Music Makes Magic"
 In Game Appearances
- In Ice Fishing, a Pink puffle will swim along with a banner, warning the player of enemies. It used to be a blue puffle.
- Puffles are the main character in the Paint by Letters book, My Puffle.
- The black puffle is the main character in the game Thin Ice.
- Puffles are the main character in the game Puffle Roundup.
- Some of the power cards in Card-Jitsu involve puffles.
- There is a Card-Jitsu deck themed on puffles, which is called the Puffle Deck.
- The mythic Golden Puffle from the book Penguin Tales: Spring '07 inspired the creation of the play Quest for the Golden Puffle . Another mythic puffles, according with issue #175 of the Club Penguin Times, are the Rainbow Puffle, Meteor Puffle and Abominable Snow Puffle. The last will be a White Puffle and Meteor Puffle will be a Black Puffle who ate O Berries.
- You must rescue either a blue puffle, pink or black puffle in Puffle Rescue.
- In the Puffle Party 2012 you could be a Puffle in the Puffle Spa and when you left the Puffle Spa you could still be a Puffle on the Puffle Party 2012.
- In Puffle Launch and Pufflescape, you can play with any puffle.
- Sensei said once that he doesn't have puffles but he said that all puffles are his friends.
- In the Brown Puffle profile, it says that he has fear of balloons, but in the Puffle Party 2012, Brown Puffles are celebrating WITH balloons.
 See also