The current edition of the Penguin Style
|Date released||October 2005|
Sports Shop (until August 2007)
|Sells||Colors, Clothes, Backgrounds, Flags|
This article needs to be updated. One or more events have happened, and are not included.
|“||One catalog: all fashion||”|
— Big Wigs
Penguin Style (also known as Herbert Style during the Operation: Blackout) is Club Penguin's monthly clothing catalog located in the Gift Shop. It is, as stated in the Ultimate Guide To Club Penguin: Volume 1, updated on the first Thursday/Friday of every month. Each issue has a different color and cover design. Graphics on the covers have also changed over the years.
Member players can buy everything available, while non-members can only buy limited items like colors, flag pins, player card backgrounds, and some clothes at the beginning of the catalog. Each catalog features a “Penguins at Work” section which features a new job for penguins every month. Hidden items could usually be found on certain pages before the unification of the mobile and desktop versions of the catalog.
Different versions of the Penguin Style catalog have been available in the past. Some examples include the Penguin Style catalogs in the Elite Penguin Force video game series, where penguins could buy the items in the video game and then transfer the items into online Club Penguin (and unlock the items). The most recent non-online version was released on May 9, 2013, and is located in the My Penguin app. It (unlike the other versions) has new, exclusive items to be bought that can't be found on online Club Penguin. This version of the Penguin Style is also a monthly catalog.
Penguins at Work
Below is a list of job-related clothing that has been sold in Penguin Style in previous months. The “Penguins at Work” section used to be called “On the job”. Some jobs have been repeated.
To see the release dates for every Penguin Style catalog, go here.
- There was a note hidden in the back of the catalog in April 2008, giving hints about the next party, which turned out to be the Medieval Party 2008.
- The catalog was also used in the Sport Shop until its remodeling. The Penguin Style there was then replaced with Snow and Sports.
- Two Penguin Style catalogs were released on May 3 and May 31, 2012. It is one of the three months where two catalogs are released in the same calendar month in Club Penguin history.
- The January 2013 catalog was the first Penguin Style catalog where non-members could buy clothes other than colors, flags, and backgrounds.
- Some of the penguins in the catalog have the same pose as penguins of old catalogs.
- The front cover of the Jan '10 catalog said “Jan '09” for a short time.
Names in other languages
|Our archiving project, Club Penguin Archives, has archived some SWFs that are related to Penguin Style. Click here to view them.|