Ninjas are penguins who have defeated Sensei in a battle of Card-Jitsu. Ninjas were once a secret aspect of Club Penguin, and originally from Penguin Chat 3. On November 14, 2008, Ninjas were confirmed real by The Penguin Times, and a few days later it became possible to become one by beating Sensei at Card-Jitsu. These penguins are normally seen wearing black suits, black belts, and a black facemask. Another edition of the same newspaper stated that Ninjas are peace-loving penguins and big fans of the arts.
Penguin Chat 3
Ninjas made their first appearance in Penguin Chat 3. When creating a penguin, if the player clicks on the letter "N" in the "Select Your New Penguin", a secret ninja outfit would pop out (and so the players can play as ninjas). According to rsnail, there were about 1000 active ninjas in Penguin Chat 3. Unlike modern ninjas, these ones carried a sword on their backs.
2005-October 2008: Just A Rumor
In 2005, Ninjas were not found in Club Penguin, though the Dojo was present. Many players believed that if they stand in Dojo for 30 minutes, then ninjas will appear and they might become ninjas (though it was proven to be a false rumor). On the homepage of the website, pressing the letter "N" on Club Penguin's logo would make penguin wearing the ninja mask will appear. On August 31, 2005, Rsnail confirmed that there will be ninjas and they will have a secret room.
November 2008: Secrets Revealed
During the Halloween Party 2008, Club Penguin was hit by a strong storm which resulted in the destruction of the roof of the Dojo. On November 3, 2008, the Dig Out the Dojo started. When entering the Dojo, penguins can find stairs to the roof. After clicking on all the lightbulbs in the Dojo, a poster saying "Ninja" would appear. On top there was several snow covered mounds, with a sign that said "DIG OUT THE DOJO", and mountains in the distance. A strange penguin (later revealed to be Sensei) was digging underneath the torii. Penguins were encouraged to shovel or drill on the snow.
On November 14, 2008, Ninjas were confirmed real by the Penguin Times and several days later (November 17, 2008), it became possible to become one by defeating Sensei at Card-Jitsu.
|September 14, 2009||Storm in Halloween Party 2009 occurred, due to volcano activity.|
|November 13, 2009||Amulet became available for penguins.|
|November 20, 2009||Construction of the Dojo ends.|
|November 24, 2009||Card-Jitsu Fire was released.|
|October 28, 2010||It started raining on Club Penguin Island, introducing the water element.|
|November 15, 2010||Construction of the Water Dojo begins.|
|November 24, 2010||Construction of the Water Dojo ends and Card-Jitsu Water was released.|
|November 24, 2011||Ninja Hideout was opened for all the players. Certain belts were no longer needed to enter the Card-Jitsu Fire and Water.|
|February 28, 2013||Beta Testing for the Card-Jitsu Snow started.|
|May 9, 2013||Non-members were allowed to play the Card-Jitsu Fire and Water.|
|May 16, 2013||The Dojo Courtyard was struck by an avalanche.|
|May 23, 2013||The Dojo was renovated and the Ninja Hideout was closed. Also, Card-Jitsu Snow were introduced.|
The Card-Jitsu Saga is a video about the Sensei's past with Tusk and how Card-Jitsu training started. According to this in-game video, the penguins, Sensei and Tusk were training using the elements around them. Card-Jitsu training was started by the Sensei after the apparent death of his friend, Tusk. He started training ninjas in elements to prepare battle Tusk, who was confirmed alive.
Ninjas made several appearances in Penguin Chat 3 and Club Penguin:
- When creating a penguin in Penguin Chat 3, if the player clicks on the letter "N" in the "Select Your New Penguin", a secret ninja outfit would pop out (and so the players can play as ninjas).
- In the old Club Penguin homepage, if you click "N" of the Night Club, the penguin in the homepage will turn black and will wear the ninja mask.
- A ninja shadow appeared in the mirror at the Ski Lodge.
- A ninja shadow can be found near the nets in the Lighthouse.
- In the old Gift Shop, a ninja shadow can be found behind the clothes hanger.
- Since November 2011, ninjas shadow appear behind the windows of the Dojo every 5 seconds.
- In the old PSA HQ, ninjas shadow appear in the I.S.E.E.U..
A typical ninja look in a player card.
Penguin Chat 3
The Ninjas on the I.S.E.E.U.
A Ninja in the Gift Shop.
A Ninja in the Town.
A Ninja at the Ski Hill.
Ninjas in the Dojo.
A Ninja at the Lighthouse.
Ninja wearing Cloud Wave Bracers.
- A ninja can be semitransparent by dancing.
- In Penguin Chat 3, a ninja would have a sword on his back, but this feature is not available in Club Penguin.
- In Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force, a penguin in the Dance Lounge says that he was told that if he stood there for half an hour he would become a ninja.
- According the Club Penguin Times Issue 172, ninjas are peace-loving penguins who are big fans of art.
Sources and References