Holiday Party 2009
This article is about something that was for a period of time, or is no longer, in Club Penguin.
|Holiday Party 2009|
The Holiday Party 2009 Logo
|When||December 18, 2009 - December 29, 2009|
|Mascot(s)||Aunt Arctic and Rockhopper|
Before the party, there was construction at the Town and the Night Club. One could see the Launch Pad from the Night Club Rooftop on a crane. It was the first Christmas party to formally be known as a Holiday Party.
One aspect of this party was that there was a party room called the "Sleigh Adventure", accessible to members only and located on the Night Club Rooftop. It took members on an "adventure" around Club Penguin to help deliver presents by dropping them into chimneys. A sneak peek of it was released as a login screen.
|Rockhopper Background||Obtained by meeting Rockhopper||No|
|Aunt Arctic's Autograph||Obtained by meeting Aunt Arctic||No|
|Santa Hat||Ski Village||No|
|Coins For Change Background||Rockhopper's Rare Items||No|
|Santa Suit||Magic Sleigh Ride||Yes|
The Christmas Party offered "gifts" for penguins. One delivered, the Mystery Present. It was unwrapped on Christmas Day and was touted as a big surprise. Gifts were also delivered courtesy of the Sleigh Adventure, as implied by the What's New Blog. It was also possible to send gift postcards via Penguin Mail to both members and non-members.
The Book Room
The Coffee Shop
The Command Room
The Crow's Nest
The Dance Lounge
The Dojo Courtyard
The Fire Dojo
The Gift Shop
The Ice Rink
The Lodge Attic
The Mine Shack
The Night Club
The Ninja Hideout
The Pizza Parlor
The Ship Hold
The Ski Hill
The Ski Lodge
The Ski Village
The Snow Forts
- It was the second time the Command Room and HQ were decorated, the first one being for the Christmas Party 2008.
- At this party, it was the first time the Map changed its background to match the skies around Club Penguin.
- When you threw snowballs at the Forest, you could throw Christmas ornaments instead of snowballs.
- Aurora Australis.
- There are Test Robots on the Ski Hill and Ski Village and the Dojo Courtyard.
- There was a glitch with the Magic Sleigh Adventure. When it was loading it would say "Loading Maze". This was because the last members-only party room was the Great Snow Maze during the Winter Party 2009.
- This was the first party in Club Penguin that used the term "Holiday" in place of "Christmas" due to many players having "different kinds of celebrations" (e.g. Hanukkah). Some players disliked the name change, including Christians who thought Club Penguin was censoring Christmas in the name of political correctness. 
- Rockhopper said that Yarr decorated The Migrator.
- This was the 2nd and last time the PSA Headquarters was decorated during a party.
|Our archiving project, Club Penguin Archives, has archived some SWFs that are related to Holiday Party 2009. Click here to view them.|