Herbert P. Bear
|Full Name||Herbert Percival Bear, Esquire|
|Species||Polar Bear (Ursus maritimus)|
|Position|| EPF's worst enemy|
Illustrious Leader Supreme of Club Penguin (formely)
|Appeared|| Secret Missions|
Battle of Doom
The Great Snow Race
Club Penguin Homepage
Operation: Hot Sauce
|Clothing|| Herberts Eyebrows|
Yeti Costume (newspaper only)
|“||Enjoy it before I destroy it!||”|
— Herbert, Operation: Blackout
Herbert Percival Bear, Esquire (species: Ursus maritimus, or more commonly known as the Polar Bear) is a character that is enemey of Elite Penguin Force and wants to destroy Club Penguin. He was the main enemy in Secret Missions, and was the cause of the troublesome events of Mission 3 to The Great Snow Race. Herbert is one of the few main characters of Club Penguin who isn't a penguin. Oddly, he hates cold weather, is a vegetarian, and he cannot swim. He also has a very bad temper and despises both penguins and puffles for no clearly defined logical reason. Each scheme he comes up with fails (except his scheme in Mission 11, but the EPF took over), but he hopes that one day a scheme of his will work so he can take over Club Penguin Island. Herbert appears in multiple Card-Jitsu cards. Herbert also appeared on the homepage of Club Penguin. His ultimate plan in Club Penguin is to terrorize all penguins' lives and finally use the resources on Club Penguin (including trees, buildings, inventions, Hot Sauce, etc.) to become warm.
 Background History
Herbert was born in the Arctic Circle, but he hated the cold, so he wanted to head south to some place warm. He traveled on a small iceberg, but the ocean currents carried him all the way to Club Penguin Island, which coincidentally was on the other side of the world. He tried to paddle away from Club Penguin since it was covered in snow, but he tipped his iceberg (which further supported the rumor of tipping the Iceberg). Herbert was unable to swim, and he was rescued by a crab named Klutzy who inhabited Club Penguin Island, of whom he soon befriended.
Over time, he soon grew to despise penguins. Klutzy was caught in mission 5, but he got away in the Questions for a crab mission. In the sixth mission, Herbert, along with Klutzy, try to destroy the Ski Lodge in one of his schemes to both keep warm and harm the penguins. However, he still escapes. Also in Mission 6, he tells agents his story about his life. If players click on the letter in G's pocket in the newspaper (April 11, 2008 edition) and you turn all the puffles black then you will see a letter Herbert has written to the players saying that "time" is about to run out, resulting in mission 7 in which he makes the clock malfunction by taking out certain parts of it, including the main gear.
He also steals your Spy Phone when he traps you in a cage in Mission 6 (The cage is in a cave that Herbert and Klutzy live in). You used that same cave for shelter in Mission #2 except Herbert renovates it to be more of a living place.
In Mission 8, he creates a giant drill and tries to take the boiler from the Boiler Room, damaging the Gift Shop along the way. Eventually, he gets caught and accidentally damages the boiler. Then he runs off and gets lost in his own tunnels.
In Mission 10, Herbert is trying to steal the Golden Puffle from the Night Club, not knowing it is a fake. A trap is set for him when he tries to get it and is caught. Unfortunately, he tricks Rookie, saying that he requests to make one last call. When Rookie gives him the phone, Herbert uses the teleport button to escape. It is unknown where he went. However, he left behind some corn seeds (which are based on the main plot of Mission 11).
In Mission 11 he hacks into the PSA data and nearly reveals it to the whole island. On his computer that he stole from the Gift Shop, he was about to reveal the secret of the PSA, when the agent pulled out the plug of the computer. Then he teleports a "gift" and the agent to the HQ. The 'gift' turns out to be a popcorn time bomb. The agent, along with Rookie, Dot, and Gary come out safely but he blasts the HQ and Sport Shop with the time-bomb.
 Herbert's Revenge
Herbert doesn't know about the Elite Penguin force until the events of Suspect at Large. While the player is in Herbert's Hideout Herbert is measuring the Ice Rink to make a hole. As soon as Herbert was done, he immanently went back to his hideout. Hebert meets the player thinking they're Klutzy. When Herbert learns the player has stolen his plans to warm up Club Penguin. Although Herbert closes the main exit, the player escapes anyway. When Rookie, Dot, Jet Pack Guy and the Elite Puffles find the hole Herbert made at the Stadium, Herbert captures them and takes them to the Tallest Mountain. After the player rescues all the members that were captured they meet up with Herbert on the top of Tallest Mountain in his Hot Air balloon with a huge magnifying glass. Although the agents stop Herbert, a huge crash is heard. A geyser sprouts from the Mine Shack. While Herbert tries to escape his balloon his hit with the geyser and crashed at the Ski Village. Shortly after Herbert crash lands, Jet Pack Guy finds him tied up in his balloon. The player then helps Klutzy help Herbert get out of the balloon's mess. Herbert claims after that he won't get outwith out proper water gear. After the player gives Herbert the water gear he, will get out and help the agents. When the player repairs Herbert's balloon, he floats to his hideout and takes his Herbert statue to put on the geyser to stop it once and for all. The super helium becomes overpowered and sends Herbert flying away. Nothing is heard from Herbert until June 2010.
 New Elite Penguin Force
When Field-Ops were released Herbert seemed to start attacking the EPF weekly, all his attempts have failed however.
In January 2011, he appeared in level 2 of System Defender, a game in the EPF Command Room. He also re-builds the Ultimate Proto-Bot, which also appears as a level in System Defender. From January 2011 - May 2011, Protobot and Herbert had teamed up to attack the EPF. However, Herbert temporarily helped the EPF severely damage Protobot in Field-Op 44, because Herbert wanted to defeat the EPF, not destroy them (which was Protobot's goal).
Herbert then betrayed the EPF after helping them defeat Protobot by causing the Battle of Doom on the Everyday Phoning Facility rooftop, where he tried to use the Hydra from the Medieval Party 2011 to destroy the EPF as he did with the PSA.
He somehow got a hold of the Comm App in July 2011, which is why the EPF went very quiet. It was revealed in System Defender Level 6 that Herbert had been hiding out at the Toughest Mountain. The EPF attacked his hideout at The Great Snow Race, and put him into hibernation. Klutzy managed to escape however.
Herbert escaped from hibernation during the Underwater Expedition as a video was released with a lullaby saying he will not wake up unless by mistake. This was proven true, as his cage was destroyed due to the island flooding, and Herbert has gone missing since.
At the beginning of May 2012 Herbert steals Cream Soda for his Sticky Cream Soda Bomb of Doom to bomb Club Penguin. Later his plan backfires and Herbert's hideout gets blown up, as shown in the short Puffle Trouble.
On October 10th, 2012, he finally returned and made a twitter  giving warnings that he was back and that he would launch Operation: Blackout soon, which would destroy the EPF once and for all. On November 7, 2012 Herbert broke into Gary's lab and kidnaps Gary and later froze him in a container to pay back for Operation: Hibernation. On November 15, 2012, Herbert destroyed the Everyday Phoning Facility and EPF Command Room, used the Solar Laser to take all the sunlight for him lair. He called himself as Illustrious Leader Supreme of Club Penguin, and began to kidnap several agents throughout the rest of Operation: Blackout. He was eventually defeated on November 24th, 2012, and then he went into hiding after the event ended.
On April 5, 2013 Herbert attacked the Pizza Parlor and stole the giant hot sauce bottle, and attempted to repurpose the Solar Laser from Operation: Blackout for an unknown purpose. Operation: Hot Sauce commenced to find the culprit.
 EPF: Herbert's Revenge Missions
- The Elite Penguin Force - He is only mentioned as the reason the EPF is creating a special team.
- Secret of the Fur - Same as the online version.
- Questions for a Crab - Same as the online version.
- Mysterious Tremors - Same as the online version.
- Operation: Spy & Seek - Same as the online version.
- Waddle Squad - Same as the online version.
- The Veggie Villain - Same as the online version.
- Suspect at Large - Herbert is a minor character in this mission. He measured something in the Ice Rink, which Rookie saw him do, and when he returns to his hideout, you have to convince him that you're Klutzy. But, when he finds out that "somebody" (which is you) stole his plans and he puts his hideout in lock-down so you can't escape.
- Herbert's Plan - Herbert made a hole in the Ice Rink to lure your partners to go there. Once your partners arrive, Herbert 'penguin-naps' your partners and takes them to the mountains. Herbert builds a mega-magnifying glass to melt the snow in Club Penguin and make it a sunny tropical island. You then have to collect blocks of ice to reverse the light from the magnifying glass to break the magnifying glass.
- The Ultimate Mission - After the events of Mission 9, a giant geyser erupted in the Mine Shack. Herbert's balloon is hit, pops and got stuck in the Ski Lift at the Ski Village. If you help Herbert come out of the Ski Lift, he helps you momentarily to save Club Penguin. He brings his statue of himself to the geyser, thus plugging it and saving Club Penguin. But because he dropped the statue, his balloon goes haywire and blows away to an unknown location.
 Herbert's Inventions
Herbert P. Bear has made machines to arouse chaos in Club Penguin Island. He often rebuilds inventions that are used for parties. He has made a Mechanical Woodchopper, an Earthquake Driller (using Club Penguin's Clock Prime Gear), and he put together the Electromagnet 3000 with Gary's stolen blueprints. He also created the "Popcorn Time Bomb" which destroyed the PSA's HQ and rebuilt the Ultimate Proto-Bot 10000. He also rebuilt the Hydra, probably after the Medieval Party in 2011. In Operation Blackout he then created the Solar Laser, which stole sunlight all for himself.
 In-game avatars
Herbert during Operation: Hot Sauce.
 Player cards
Herbert's Player Card.
Herbert's pose in Herbert's Giveaway Background.
Herbert in the PSA Secret Missions.
Herbert in his Yeti Costume.
Herbert in System Defender.
Operation: Hibernation artwork.
Herbert dreaming in Rock-a-bye Herbert.
Battle of Doom artwork.
Battle of Doom room artwork.
Herbert as he appears in the Club Penguin Animated Shorts.
Operation: Blackout artwork.
Herbert holding up a picture of The Director.
- His name comes from German, and means "army bright" (Heriberht).
- He used to be on the Club Penguin homepage after the August update in 2011, but has been removed due to the fact he is in hibernation. However, for a short time, Herbert was on the homepage. He was removed again shortly after.
- Herbert has made appearances in multiple Club Penguin Animated Shorts and Videos, including Rock-a-bye Herbert, Best Seat in the House, Puffle Trouble, The Party Starts Now!, and Ghosts Just Wanna Dance.
- According to his Twitter, he had a neighbor named Dave.
- If you click on his player card, for a split second it will show him as an aqua penguin with no clothes.
- He is the only meetable character who is not a Penguin.
 See also
 External Links
- ↑ "Oh, how clever. My full name is Herbert Percival Bear, Esquire. And don't you forget it." -Herbert on Twitter(Oct. 11, 2012)
- ↑ Rock-a-bye Herbert. Club Penguin, Disney Online Studios, 2012
- ↑ 
- ↑ http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Herbert#English#Etymology