Flags are a type of pin, but they are never hidden. All of the flags are found in the back of the Penguin Style catalog. Players usually buy them to show where their country of residence is or where they are originally from. They are placed in the top left hand corner of a player card where a pin would usually be. They used to be available to members only for 20 coins each. However, as of February 2010, all penguins can buy flags.
List of flags
This article is a list of things. The article for what this page lists is at Flag.
Antarctica (Bait item)
|This section requires expansion. Please help the Club Penguin Wiki by adding more info to it.|
This timeline has everything pertaining to flags.
- October 2005: Flags are released in the October Penguin Style catalog. The twenty flags available were: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Israel, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden and United States.
- March 3, 2006: Five new flags, those of Ireland, Mexico, New Zealand, Switzerland and Turkey, were released in the March 2006 Penguin Style catalog.
- July 7, 2006: Six more flags were released in the July 2006 Penguin Style catalog, the new flags being those of Belize, Egypt, India, Italy, Portugal and South Africa.
- November 3, 2006: The Hungary flag was released with the November 2006 Penguin Style catalog.
- 2007: The flags of Argentina and Jamaica were released sometime in the first half of 2007.
- February 2009: The Chile flag was released with the February 2009 Penguin Style catalog.
- January 2010: Eight new flags were added to Penguin Style and the flag section of the catalog was redesigned. The new flags added were those of Costa Rica, Guatemala, Malaysia, Peru, The Philippines, Puerto Rico, Singapore and Venezuela.
- February 4, 2010: Flags become available for all players (not just members).
- April 4, 2013: The Romania flag was released with the April 2013 Penguin Style catalog.
- March 5, 2014: The Czech Republic, Latvia, Pakistan, Greece, Gibraltar, Malta, Croatia and Slovenia flags were released with the March 2014 Penguin Style catalog.
Page 1 of the Flag section in the current Penguin Style.
Page 2 of the Flag section in the current Penguin Style.
- There was a glitch in 2007 which often occurred when a penguin's membership runs out; if the penguin was wearing a flag at the end of its membership, the flag stays on their player card. This glitch will no longer work as flags can now be purchased by any penguin.
- An Antarctica flag exists, but this is a bait item which cannot be obtained and attempting so will get you banned.
- When you buy a flag, the purchase confirmation box is oddly worded, making it seem as though you were buying the country. For example, if a penguin bought the Italian flag, the message would ask, "Would you like to buy Italy for 20 coins?"
- On the Issue #238 of The Club Penguin Times, flag icons were used in a message. The player had to decode the message by finding the first letter of the country that flag represented.