This article needs to be updated. One or more events have happened, and are not included.
This article is about something that was for a period of time or is no longer in Club Penguin.
The game board
|Minigame Location||See list|
|Date released|| January 17, 2013|
January 22, 2014
The game is very similar to Treasure Hunt, but has other prizes, and is played by one player.
The game is played in a 10×10 sand board. The player has 12 turns, on which he uncovers a row or a column- one on each time- in order to find bonuses. Playing is done by clicking a cell in the row/ column.
When a row and a column cross each other, they create a deeper pit. In case it contains a bonus drop, it will be collected.
Coins are small rocks, and spread on an area of 1×1 lines. Each uncovered coin worth 1 ordinary coin.
Eggs can be uncovered, but spread on an area of 2×2 lines. Eggs do not boost the coin reward, but are required for completing the scavenger hunt of the party, and allow members to transform into Dinosaurs. And 12 eggs (in 2013) or 16 (in 2014) a total.
Additionally following six puffle eggs could be dug up in 2014:
- Blue Triceratops Puffle Egg
- Black and Red T-rex Puffle Egg
- Pink Stegosaurus Puffle Egg
- Red Triceratops Puffle Egg
- Purple T-rex Puffle Egg
- Yellow Stegosaurus Puffle Egg
- By finding all eggs in 2013, the player could obtain the T Rex Hoodie and by finding all eggs in 2014, the player could obtain the Primal Helmet, Dino Claws, Stone Hatchet, Rock Hard Hat and Primal Bracers.
- Members could use eggs to transform into dinosaurs. In 2013, there were 3 types of eggs, each for one dinosaur, and each egg comes in 4 different colors. And in 2014, there were 5 types of eggs, each also with 4 different colors.
- In 2014, all players could dig for rare dino puffles, but only members could adopt and keep them.
- You could find only one egg per game.
|Our archiving project, Club Penguin Archives, has archived some SWFs that are related to Dino Dig. Click here to view them.|
Sources and references