Information you voluntarily give us
We collect your name, email address, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), and other information you directly give us on our Site. Users may, however, visit the Club Penguin Wiki anonymously. We will collect personal identifiable information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identifiable information, however, it may prevent them from using certain features or registering an account.
Information automatically collected
We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, Internet protocol (IP) address and information about your use of and actions on our Site. When you Edit a page anonymously (without logging in), your IP address will be recorded and publicly displayed in the page history permanently.
Web Beacons. We may log information using digital images called Web beacons on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. We also use Web Beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
Usage of personal information
The Club Penguin Wiki may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide user assistance.
- We use your personal information to investigate technical issues.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
Sharing of personal information
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal process.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us, such as our staff.
- We may share information with other users when it is deemed appropriate by our staff, such as in cases of abuse targeting another user.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses, usually for advertising purposes.
- We publicly display your Internet Protocol (IP) address when you Edit a page anonymously (without logging in).
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, and data stored on the Club Penguin Wiki. We however can make no guarantee against unauthorized access to this information, as mistakes may happen. Bad actors may defeat even the best safeguards.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on the Club Penguin Wiki that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from the Club Penguin Wiki. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our wiki, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Compliance with Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (15 U.S.C. §§ 6501–6506)
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 13. By using our site, you affirm that you are over the age of 13. Anyone under 13 is not permitted to use our site. Users discovered to be under 13 will immediately have their access terminated without notice.
Visitors who are under 13 may browse our content pages anonymously as long as they have recieved parental consent. However, such visitors are strictly prohibited from registering an account, Editing our content, or providing us any personally identifiable information until they reach the age of 13, regardless of whether or not you have obtained parental consent. No exceptions will be made.
Your acceptance of these terms