You are on the party reviews page for the Music Jam 2016. To write a new review, please click on this link. You must have an account to write a review, or else your review will be removed. To sign up for an account on the Club Penguin Wiki, click here.
||The first decent party since anniversary party 2015
Best party of 2016
Decorations are actually really good +5
The sky changes between rooms, for example ice berg is normal blue, dojo is pink like that fashion party last year and town is right in night -3
The same whole party mechanic -2
Roleplaying sections +4
only like 7 rooms decorated -2
Actual stuff for non members +3
mostly pins and stuff -2
not a takeover +3
6/10, the party isn't TERRIBLE but it isn't a good 7/10 and I personally find this the best party of the terrible year.
This party... what even is it? Its a combination of like seven different parties: Ultimate Jam, Music Jam 2011, Music Jam 2014, SoundStudio, Hollywood, The Fair (2014/2015), and for some reason Halloween, even if just for the sky (except the Dojo I guess? nice candelabras?), which there are several, very inconsistent variations of....
Plus many, including myself, have been experiencing major issues with the interface and party rooms. Yay. Definitely ready for launch. At least the items are not to shabby... (Find Four pin anyone??? (ad) (ad) (ad))
Unlike the SoundStudio Party and Music Jam 2014, this party is very big. Almost all rooms are decorated and it must have taken a long time to be made, even it most rooms are recycled, and it should be appreciated in some way. Let's see what is good and what is not good in this party.
Decorations: 9/10 - I don't mind many rooms are old, CP used to be like this in its golden years. The ORCA STRAW is back, the auditions too. This section didn't get a 10 because the lazy sky transition was used again, while they had the Fair 2015's skies, and rooms like the Ski Hill and Cove didn't get decorated even though there were decorations available and nothing changed at those rooms so much to come to the point the old decorations could never be used again.
Party Rooms: 10/10 - That's a lot of party rooms! The Music Cruise came back and without the guests (:D), the Casa Fiesta could not be placed at the Ski Village because of Puffle Wild but instead of abandoning it they moved to the Dock, the Epic Wave is here once again, and BACKSTAGE!! I mean, the BACKSTAGE!
Music: 10/10 - That music is way better than the Music Jam 2014. Just like in real life, older CP music is good, and most of the new ones are bad. Some of the new are good, though.
Storyline: N/A - This is a Music Jam, not an operation, and even if it was, CP just ran out of ideas. I mean, all you have to do is <indirect> complete a maze that happened last year and unplug a switch...</indirect>... Wait, why did i even put this in the Music Jam review?
Guests: 10/10 - I like how they invited all the Penguin Band, Cadence and also more characters like Dubstep and Keeper. Why is Klutzy going to perform though? When his show comes out i will see if i change this part.
Items: 10/10 - The new items are great! Also, they approved my Music Note Costume suggestion! There are the old ones too, which are awesome. They didn't return for a long time, but they did say in a newspaper every item can return at one point, except it is a pin or an anniversary hat. And that was published before the newspaper layout changed.
- They actually listened to the fans. I have seen most stuff present at this party being suggested in Twitter.
- I don't even remember the last time i felt like this during a CP party. Also, it feels like a real event. The decorations, all the songs that are being played at the Snow Forts, the party rooms... This party rocks! It does have its flaws, but still deserves a 5/5!
- The limousine from Hollywood Party returned
- The ship returned
- There are items for non-members
- The Back Stage, Night Club Rooftop and Casa Fiesta returned (there is a member-only vip pass for sale, but i can still access the Back Stage as a non-member and without it)
- The Puffle Berry Mall was replaced with an auditions thing. Malls should stay in Club Penguin Shops.
- All the non-member items are pins.
CP HAS BEEN MADE GREAT AGAIN!
one more thing: literally why is klutzy giving out autographs
So far, this party is just cool. The limo, the Music Cruise water slides, Cadence and the Penguin Band performing songs -- very cool. I liked the merchandise, especially the hoodies. I'm hoping to get a background after I collect EVERYONE'S merchandise, with the Penguin Band, Dubstep Puffle, Cadence, and all that. The songs were pretty gr8, and I found out that Cadence has a pretty voice. So, I'm giving this party 5 stars! Mrdave OUT! --—Mrdave921 (talk/contribs/editcount) 17:43, 6 November 2016 (UTC)
- There's a good range of old and new rooms.
- Party rooms such as those in the music cruise and the casa fiesta had returned.
- It was great that both Cadence and the penguin band were performing at the Snow Forts.
- The items are all new.
- The music at the party is great.
- It's awesome how there's a variety of tracks that Cadence and the Penguin Band perform. Plus, we get to hear the songs for longer rather than just a snippet like at the Fair.
- The Penguin Band and Cadence are mascots.
- The party emotes match the theme of the event well.
- They used the sky transition again without explaining the phenomenon. The sky differed between different rooms.
- The task has the same dynamic as most of the parties in 2016, click something and obtain the items. In this case, click the character and get their signature and a clothing item.
- Non-members only get pins.
- Cadence and the Penguin Band don't have a new giveaway background.
- There's a few minor issues in some of the rooms such as not being able to sit on the limousine's seats. Other's include:
- Overall, I think the Music 2016 is great. There's a great range of items, rooms, and music.
I'm going to rate this event a 4.5/5.
Wow, nice! See what happens, Club penguin, when you put in some general effort? Sure, scrounging up the best parts of your past music jams and amalgamating them all together isn't exactly topnotch inspiration, but when all was said and done, it made for a great party with some actual replay value. Also, performances! Of the entire penguin band! With multiple songs! That's more complex than club penguin's ever made itself in a long while! I AM ACTUALLY IMPRESSED!! Best rooms? The engine room on the cruise ship/the water slide room. People could actually INTERACT with it and DO things with it, just like old times! Good job!
Another thing I really liked 'bout this party is the fact that, like I've always been saying they should have, they GAVE THE MEMBERS OF THE PENGUIN BAND DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES [based on the things they'd say to you upon clicking on them and getting their autograph] and also USED TALKSPRITES THAT HAD NOTICABLY AND FLUIDLY DIFFERENT POSES TO GO BY. Finally! No creepy arse anatomically impossible eyeball or flipper shifting while the rest of the body stays stock still as a statue! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
ALL I CAN SAY AS A FOOTNOTE, THOUGH, IS THAT THEY'D BETTER BE *GOING* SOMEWHERE WITH THIS WHOLE SPONTANEOUS KLUTZY-SHOWS-UP-FOR-AUTOGRAPHS DEAL. BECAUSE IF THEY JUST THREW HIM IN THERE FOR KICKS AS A SORROWFUL ATTEMPT TO APPEASE THE SEVERE LACK OF YEARLY OPERATION, AND/OR IF THEY AIN'T GONNA DO ANYTHING TO EXPLAIN IT, LIKE, FOR EXAMPLE, SOME KIND OF HUMOROUS SCENE WHERE HERBERT STOMPS IN LIKE HE *SHOULD* HAVE THIS MONTH AND SCREECHES AT KLUTZY FOR PARTICIPATING IN A PENGUIN PARTY OR *SOMETHING* OF THAT SORT, SO HELP ME.
I'm gonna make this review eventually, school is being a piece of crap so i can't at the moment
Music Jam 2k16
MILES better than the one back in 2k15. The member items (yes I was a 6-month member throughout the party) were so much better than the ones at last year's Music Jam Party. The music was also MILES better that at last year's Music Jam Party. 05.00 / 05.00 from me :D