Club Penguin Wiki:Council
The Club Penguin Wiki Council is a council held by the Club Penguin Wiki administration that discusses issues and proposals about the wiki. It can be attended by all active users of the community, and is held on our IRC channel. Discussions in the Council usually result in the change of policy for the wiki. The council was created by Seahorseruler and is based on IRC meetings from the Ratchet & Clank wiki and other wikis.
All council meetings are held on the #ClubPenguinWiki-Council channel.
All users are our invited to our council meetings. Bureaucrats hold a special additional ability, called veto. This is enforced whenever over half of all present bureaucrats vote against a proposal - and the proposal is automatically discarded.
 Current members
A speaker of the council will be elected at the beginning of every meeting to help conduct the discussion flow on the channel.
|Bureaucrats||Seahorseruler, Hat Pop|
|Administrators||ClubPenguinMaster, LordMaster96, Nando144, Reeze|
|Users||All users are invited.|
 Next meeting
The next meeting is not yet scheduled.
|More times around the world|
Feel free to add topics here to discuss during the next IRC meeting.
 (1) Close Partnership Program
The failing "partnership board" and pages should be closed. We should keep the existing partnerships we have but disallow any new partnerships (unless negotiated by admins under special circumstances). --Seahorseruler (Talk Page) (Contribs) 06:24, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- No offense, but why would we do that? I know it's "failing", but right now it's the only possible chance we have at getting new users. So IMO, I think we should work on GETTING more partners, rather than cancelling the whole project just because nobody's working on it... Cp kid Wanna Talk? 01:34, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
 (2) Appearances section for characters
I was thinking of maybe having an appearances section for characters. What it would be is a list that lists all their appearances in the newspaper, appearances in books (on/offline), video games, the parties they visited, the PSA/EPF missions, all that stuff. Sharkbate said I should post it on the council and see if others were willing to help out. --Chill57181 Talk to me Master of the pencil Come to my party! 16:34, 3 March 2013 (UTC)
- I'd help out if you want (I think i'd probably be most helpful with newspapers) Cp kid Wanna Talk? 01:34, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
 (3) Blog Post Pages
Blog Posts from the What's New Blog had lots of information and such on Club Penguin history, and was a big part. I feel that we should make a page for the month with all the blog posts on there. I could gladly run the project. -- Brookelas Mastered the EL EM ENTS! 00:16, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
- I suggested we use the Information namespace for that a while ago. Forgot what the result was but nothing had been done so far. --LordMaster96 05:38, 12 March 2013 (UTC)
- Might as well add a section on the main page with the what's new blog RSS feed. --Tux (*** SERVICE NOTIFICATION *** clubpenguinwiki.info IS UP) 01:21, 13 March 2013 (UTC)
 (4) Articles on popular Club Penguin culture
I think that maybe we should have articles on Club Penguin culture (perhaps a separate namespace) that isn't necessarily created by CP. i.e. Pookies, igloo parties, Field Fridays, Moose Mondays, that kind of stuff. --Chill57181 Talk to me Master of the pencil Come to my party! 23:38, 6 March 2013 (UTC)
- That's what fandom tried to do. That failed badly, and as a result it is punished on the tropicalwikis dumping ground. Try to revive it first then this might be considered. Tux (*** SERVICE NOTIFICATION *** clubpenguinwiki.info IS UP) 01:20, 13 March 2013 (UTC)
- I think it's a good idea. People might come here looking for those subjects. If they want it, we got it... Or at least we should. -- TheBroMaster Talk to me! 16:19, 14 March 2013 (UTC)
- Put them under subsections (i.e. Field Fridays on the Polo Field page). And no pookies please. --LordMaster96 20:18, 16 March 2013 (UTC)
- I had a similar idea but somewhat different.
22:48, 5 April 2013 (UTC)
 (5) Close Portals
Portals have failed miserably. I say we close them, categories are easier to use, and nobody that comes here is really looking for a featured image or article about the portal subject, or an activity about the portal. They come here to know specifically what they wanna know. Also, portals are too time consuming and too hard to keep maintained. -- TheBroMaster Talk to me! 16:17, 14 March 2013 (UTC)
- There was a vote on this at the end of last year to close it, but despite the fact the community wants to keep it, nothing has been done and it is getting outdated, so yea I would support removing it. --LordMaster96 20:17, 16 March 2013 (UTC)
 (6) Talking Point
My idea is quite similar to one posted above but different. In these blog posts it would be about the blog posters opinion on the current status of CP ect. For example, there would be a "talking point" on Old CP or something. 22:55, 5 April 2013 (UTC)
- Anyone can do this, anytime, in my opinion. I don't see how this needs council approval. There's a "Blog:" namespace but hardly anyone uses it to their leisure. Just keep it so that "overblogging" doesn't become an issue again. --LordMaster96 00:14, 15 April 2013 (UTC)
 (7) Differentiate between the key staff members and moderators
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's heard from some CP staff members that they weren't moderators, yet we seem to think they are. I think we should just change articles to say that they are staff since moderators are just regular employees by the dozens. Not saying they aren't mods, but my personal opinion is that "staff" is a better term. Remember, there isn't just one position in any company you work for. --LordMaster96 00:55, 16 April 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, I agree. We should make sure all CP staff pages have the CP Staff Infobox on them, and that it specifies their "position"(s) at CP. As such, billybob, polo field, etc. should be considered "bloggers" rather than "moderators" in addition to whatever other jobs they might hold such as head of the tech team or something :P). Cp kid Wanna Talk? 01:18, 21 April 2013 (UTC)
 (8) Stop moving pages to weird names just because they're called that in a few files
So, recently, Wboys moved the Everyday Phoning Facility to Agent Lobby Solo, because it's called that in the .swf and a few of the .json files. But, most of the official blog post, other rooms, and loading screens call it the Everyday Phoning Facility, so why shouldn't we? I mean, it's good to have the .json and .swf files for the items and things, but if something is called one thing in most places, and another in a few files, we should call it the first name, and maybe mention the filename on the page? -- Snowstormer You know it! 18:08, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
- I completely agree. Just because it's that name in the files doesn't mean the article has to be some weird name that makes no grammatical sense whatsoever. I mean, if CP was real life you wouldn't be saying "Hey, let's go to the Dojo Water", am I right? --Chill57181 Talk to me Master of the pencil Come to my party! 18:10, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
- I understand some of them like changing VR Room ro Agent VR. However, I agree on some of the nonsense ones like Water Dojo/Dojo Water. Also, Wboys isn't the only one doing this; Mario wanted to switch the names too :P Cp kid Wanna Talk? 20:48, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
- If it's a minor change (like adding "The" in front of the room), I don't think it needs to be moved. Things like Dojo Courtyard becoming Dojo Exterior are things I would consider moving. Dojo Water? No. --$harkbate Talk Page 03:42, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, Dojo Exterior would be okay, I guess, but not like 'Dojo Water'. -- Snowstormer You know it! 09:31, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
 (9) Only make disambiguation pages for topics with 3 or more items
Basically, I've been looking at the disambiguation pages lately. With that, i've seen 30+ disambiguation pages that only have 2 items in it (such as 1 Coin Bag stamp, Blue Toque, Brown Puffle House, Dance Floor, etc.). Rather than making disambiguation pages for those, I think it would be much easier to just link the plain article to the first released item (for example, Blue Toque would be redirected to the 2006 version). In addition, each article with only 1 other topic would have the "Were you looking for the _____?". Sorry if it sounds confusing.
 (10) Discuss ways to get new users
No offense, but even though our page view count is high, I have a bad feeling the wiki is dying. It seems like there are only 10 or so truly active users on the wiki, which makes it hard for pages to stay updated and also hard for any progress to be made. With that, I think we honestly need to weigh out our options and decide what we need to try to get new users. Cp kid Wanna Talk? 04:07, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
 (11) Create "Available" categories
I have noticed somewhat of a problem with our clothes and furniture articles. There are a bunch that were never updated when they were removed for a catalog. For example, one clothing page I saw a few weeks ago said it was still available in the series 6 treasure book or something. The only way to fix those is to find them individually and fix them. However, to prevent it from happening in the future, I had an idea. If we create "Available Clothes" and "Available Furniture" categories and add/remove them from pages when they are updated, it might help to keep us on track (for example: If somebody looks on the "Category:Available Clothes" page, they might see an item and be like "Oh, that was removed from the catalog when it updated yesterday!" and fix the article). I'd be willing to do as much of the beginning work as possible (adding the first round of categories onto pages). Cp kid Wanna Talk? 04:07, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
 (12) New favicon vote
Last time the favicon vote failed because all the images were too big. A few users have told me that they'd like to try to make a favicon too, and I made three new possible favicons. What I want to know is would YOU guys like a favicon vote? I'm hoping we can vote on this at the council.
- They look good when they're "bloated" like that in the gallery, but they don't look so good in favicon size (look at the actual file page). Cp kid Wanna Talk? 21:32, 29 April 2013 (UTC)
- Just my opinion, but they look ridiculous. --LordMaster96 02:11, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- They look goofy. --Tux (*** SERVICE NOTIFICATION *** clubpenguinwiki.info IS UP) 20:26, 4 May 2013 (UTC)
 (13) Revisiting one of my old ideas
This got rejected at the last meeting, but I want to bring it up again. I'd like to do some stuff that would place us in a better position overall:
- We need a universal CPWN "feel and look". I want something akin to Brickimedia's Deep Sea skin. I honestly think this would help us get more hesitant visitors to join.
- We need to consider a scale-down of functionality network-wide to make the atmosphere more noob-friendly. I'm not talking about a total scale down of everything, but rather a reduction of complexity. I'm sure old users will not like this, and I accept that. I still think it would help us long-term.
- Again, I want some backend changes happen. This would make a better base extension collection, and allow for minimal per-wiki configuration.
This time, I want things voted separately. I of course accept comments on this. More may be added as well. --Tux (*** SERVICE NOTIFICATION *** clubpenguinwiki.info IS UP) 03:20, 4 May 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not a tech wiz, so bear with me and be tolerant if I'm saying something that is (unknowingly) irrelevant. For the universal "feel and look" that one gray skin is only used on the brickimedia "hub", not the individual wikis. Can I ask what you mean by scaling down "functionality"? And last, backend changes? If that's where we remove some of the extensions that are only on one wiki, I don't think we should do that because (if i'm right) all of the extensions that were suggested for removal were in good use on their respective wiki; and IMO I don't think we should remove extensions (even if they're only on one wiki) if they're being put to good use. Cp kid Wanna Talk? 04:55, 4 May 2013 (UTC)
- First, go look at the other wikis. Secondly, I wanted to make a "common" extension base that fits most wikis well. As for the "only on one wiki extensions", I'd like to at best consolidate these. Some extensions may go, though, but that would be based on "good use" as you said earlier. As for backend changes, you'll barely notice them. --Tux (*** SERVICE NOTIFICATION *** clubpenguinwiki.info IS UP) 20:24, 4 May 2013 (UTC)
- Thumbs up from me. --LordMaster96 06:20, 4 May 2013 (UTC)
 (14) Re-open Partnership program
I know this directly contradicts with topic 1 which sea says "close the program", however the program has technically already been closed... I mean we haven't been able to submit new partners since like December, and that's basically all that Sea was saying in topic 1. So, I made this topic to suggest that we officially re-open the partnership program. It is a way to get more users and visitors, plus it doesn't hurt us whatsoever, so why NOT have it? Cp kid Wanna Talk? 19:42, 19 May 2013 (UTC)
 Users who are likely to attend
 Users who will not attend
 Past meeting summaries
|1||November 12, 2011||N/A||Read||Pastebin.com|
|2||February 19, 2012||N/A||Read||N/A|
|3||February 25, 2012||N/A||Read||Pastebin.com|
|4||June 2, 2012||N/A||Read||Pastebin.com|
|5||June 23, 2012||Read||Read||Pastebin.com|
|6||July 28, 2012||Read||Read||Pastebin.ca|
|7||September 15, 2012||Read||Read||Pastebin.com|
|8||November 10, 2012||Read||Read||Pastebin.ca|
|9||February 16, 2013||Read||Read||Pastebin.com|