Club Penguin Wiki:Council
The Club Penguin Wiki Council is a committee of users who bring up, discuss and vote on wiki issues or proposals on a regular basis. Discussions in the Council usually result in the change of policy for the wiki. The original council was created by Seahorseruler, who originally based it on a typical legislative body and was held on our IRC channel.
- You must qualify to vote under the voting guidelines in order to vote in the council. All unauthorized votes will be removed.
- The amount of time a topic will stay open for voting will be at the admins' discretion. A typical vote is open for about two weeks.
- Topics which have a small vote differential (e.g. +1) may or may not pass. This will be discussed and decided among the administration.
- Bureaucrats hold a special additional ability, called veto. This is enforced whenever over half of all present bureaucrats vote against a proposal - and the proposal is automatically discarded. There are currently two bureaucrats; both would have to vote against for this to happen.
- Demotion votes for users do not belong here; they get their own demotion vote page.
Please use this formatting when adding a new topic. Place your topic at the bottom of the section, below the line. Don't forget to sign it!
===Topic name (0)=== Information about your topic goes here, including your arguments for. ====For (0)==== ====Against (0)==== ====Neutral (0)==== ====Comments====
Often some interesting facts can be found out by asking CP support. If editor asks them, however, she has no way to source her findings, as copy-pasting mail body isn’t reliable or credible. I propose to create a system similar to Wikipedia’s Volunteer Response Team project, which would allow trusted editors to send e-mails to Club Penguin and store the conversations.
One difference from Wikipedia would be that our ticket system would have to be able to start a conversation, which by definition wouldn’t probably be a Ticket System any more.
- —Lisured (会話) 00:19, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- --Misabr 【Talk•Archives】 00:21, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- --Chill57181 Talk Contribs 21:09, 12 August 2015 (UTC)
- Juca (discussão/talk) 23:18, 12 August 2015 (UTC)
- k -- Mrdave921 Talk Contribs 00:24, 13 August 2015 (UTC)
- YES! User:Penguinpuffdude Talk to me! 00:44, 23 May 2017 (UTC)
- How would this thing work? Would we need to create a new namespace to store these emails (even though email still sounds like a hard source to credit... I would just get facts/information from CP's site itself)? The Volunteer Response link doesn't explain anything to me; an explanation would be much appreciated. --Hat Pop Bunny Ears Rule! 12:13, 15 August 2015 (UTC)
- It would be a separate system, acting as a read-only mailbox. Additionally, trusted volunteers could send e-mails from it to CP support. The responses could then be available through a new namespace (e.g. Ticket:125). CP site doesn’t have all the information we need and asking support could be a great way to find out more. —Lisured (会話) 13:12, 15 August 2015 (UTC)
- This has got to be one of the longest running current topics!! ----Perapin11:12, 20 May 2017 (UTC)
- Now that Club Penguin no longer exists, this will be useful to get all the tiny, previously unknown details into the articles. GO CP! User:Penguinpuffdude Talk to me! 00:48, 23 May 2017 (UTC)
- EDIT: Actually, one page from Club Penguin still exists, found here. Strangely, you cannot see or buy any toys there, which fills me with even more grief over the closure.
I denotes the original information and agenda of the meeting.
S denotes a summary of the IRC meeting
T denotes the official IRC logs (transcript) during the meeting.