Club Penguin Wiki:Administrators
Administrators (also known as Admins or Sysops) are a group of experienced users who maintain the wiki through enforcing policies and the use of special functions given to them (see a list below). Given the amount of experience they have on the wiki, they are usually the best users to contact whenever you have a question. Administrators are usually found on the wiki's IRC channel whenever they are online.
- See somebody working hard? Nominate them for the Penguin of the Month! --LordMaster96 03:51, 13 February 2015 (UTC)
These users were voted upon by the community by means of a vote and will serve indefinite terms until they resign, become inactive, or are impeached by the community. They are identified by the bold dark green name found on the recent changes.
|Administrator name||Signature prototype||IRC nick(s)||Time zone||B-crat?||Staff?||Specializes in||Status|
|Hat Pop Bunny Ears Rule!||HatPop||UTC-4 ()||Yes||Yes||User relations||Fully Active|
|Seahorseruler (Talk) (Contribs)||Seahorse||UTC-4 ()||Yes||Yes||Technical support||Inactive|
|--User:EDFan12345||EDFan||UTC-4 ()||No||No||Editing||Fully Active|
|Fully Active||These are the best users to contact when you need an administrator. They log on and edit on a regular basis.|
|Partially Active||These users log on from time to time, usually once every few days. These users are good to contact, but not for emergencies. These users may be active on IRC, but not fully active here. You may wish to visit our IRC channel to see them and the rest of the active admins.|
|Inactive||Do not contact these users. They do not log on at all, and will likely be demoted soon.|
|Away||These users are currently away. (e.g. on vacation.), and will be returning shortly. Their temporary inactivity has been excused.|
|Excused||These users have informed us that they will be unable to access the internet for an extended period of time. Their inactivity has been temporarily excused by the other Administrators.|
Commonly used functions
- Deleting and undeleting pages and page histories. Administrators can also delete uploaded images and files (Log)
- Locking (protecting) a page so it can not be edited or renamed by users without admin rights (Log)
- Blocking users or IP addresses from editing (Log)
- Automatically undoing (or rollbacking) edits by a specific user on a page
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins
- Many additional functions not listed above
Becoming an administrator
It takes a lot of work and experience to become an administrator. Below are some questions to help you decide whether or not you are actually ready for adminship.
- Are you online often?
- Are you a good editor (excellent use of the English language)?
- Do you know intermediate-level wikicode (e.g. are you able to understand semi-complex wikicode by looking at it)?
- Do you work well with other users?
- Do you follow our policies?
Once you feel you are ready, and if requests for adminship is unlocked, two users must be willing to nominate you (one of which has to be a current admin). If your nomination is successful you will become a permanent admin. Good luck!