The Club Penguin Times' headline logo.
Club Penguin Times (formerly known as The Penguin Times before Issue 100, also known as Club Herbert Times during the Operation: Blackout and as Imperial Times during the Star Wars Rebels Takeover) is Club Penguin's local newspaper, which comes out every Thursday. Prior to July 2011, the newspaper was released every Friday. It is one of the only sources of information, other than books. Aunt Arctic is its editor-in-chief, as well as its formal help columnist.
On November 18, 2010 the newspaper got a new look. Now, there are only two pages and you have to scroll. This is to help the Club Penguin team to work on things other than the newspaper. Their headquarters has been the Book Room since the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012 started.
Sections of the new format
- News Flash
- Feature Story
- Support Story
- Upcoming Events
- Ask Aunt Arctic
- Ask Aunt Arctic (sometimes)
- Bonus Story (sometimes)
- Jokes and Riddles
- Get Published
- Poem (since Issue 400)
Sections of the old format
celebrating the 100th Issue of The Penguin Times.
The article celebrating the 150th issue of The Penguin Times.
- 'A' section (featured stories):
- 'B' section (regular features):
- 'C' section (Extras):
- Bonus Puzzle (every other week)
- Upcoming Events
- Fan Comics
- Sensei's Fortune Cookie (only appears when something is soon to occur concerning ninjas)
- 'D' section (Notices):
Note: The Reviewed by You Section was moved to the What's New Blog in May 2009, and the Technical News Section was moved to the What's New Blog in February 2006 as it is more close to the real life than the game.
In Focus Tours
Starting in issue #125 up to #253, and returning in issue #399, a section called In Focus began running in the Club Penguin Times, here is a list of every topic discussed of In Focus:
|| This section requires expansion. Please help the Club Penguin Wiki by adding more info to it.
The News Flash section has been running in the Club Penguin Times since Issue 296. Here is a list of the Newsflashes.
- Issue 296: Rockin' parties have been spotted in igloos all over the island. To join a rock star's party, click the (igloo) on your map. Don't forget your instrument!
- Issue 297: Ninja tea parties! Between intense matches, Water Ninjas and Fire Ninjas have been drinking tea together. Join in the tradition with Tea Ceremony robes from the Martial Artworks catalog.
- Issue 298: Mapmakers reveal new island map! Games, places, shopping and pets are now easier to find. Check out the new look by clicking the map in the bottom left of your screen.
- Issue 299: Sailor songs and mermaid melodies out now! Get new tracks for your igloo and invite your shipmates for a sea shanty sing-along. Arr!
- Issue 300: Challenge the cranky crab in the Hidden Lake! To crack his shell game, be sure to snap up the blue crab costume. Remember-you can get to the Hidden Lake by exploring the Mine.
- Issue 301: Clickety click! The island is crawling with crabs! Causes are unclear, but one thing is certain: curious crustaceans are cropping up everywhere!
- Issue 302: Race to the Gift Shop for the latest extreme sports gear. Suit up with snow and stunt equipment in the Penguin Style catalog!
- Issue 303: Ramp up your igloo with new furniture from Better Igloos! Half-pipes and foam pits can make any igloo EXTREME! Scope the catalog in your igloo!
- Issue 304: Team Blue and Team Red are competing now at the Stage! Wear your favorite team color and join the rally. Just watch out for flying dodgeballs!
- Issue 305: Earn new Party stamps for your Stamp Book. Climbers are scaling peaks to earn The Mountaineer. Agents are dodging obstacles for the Stunt Penguin. And members are earning The Snowboarder by showing off tricks in party rooms!
- Issue 306: Traffic alert! Runaway roosters are causing cock-a-doodle chaos outside the Gift Shop. Drivers are reminded to use caution, and the (music emote) when traveling.
- Issue 307: Circus-themed igloos are popping up all over the island! Spellbound audiences are reminded to take caution. When daredevils leap through flaming rings of fire - stand back!
- Issue 472: Migrator, ahoy! Check the telescope on top of the Lighthouse.
- Issue 473: Celebrate one year of gold puffles. Wear your best bling to the Gold Mine!
- Issue 474: Only 28 days until the Holidays! Don't save your sandwiches, save your coins! - Rookie
- Issue 475: Customers at the Pizza Parlor are asked to not cut slices with their swords.
- Issue 476: December is here. Show your holiday spirit with a Tree mob in the Cove!
- Issue 477: Blast your best holiday songs at the Dance Club.
- Issue 478: Snow Ninjas! Make it snow at the Dojo to celebrate the season!
- Issue 479: Toy makers are needed at the School! Rush orders are still coming in!
- Issue 480: Ring in the New Year with big flashy lights! Head to the Ski Hill to watch the fireworks!
- Issue 481: The Puffle Park is hopping with new species of puffles! Because bunnies.
- Issue 482: Adventurers gather in the Gold Mine to search for hidden passages!
- Issue 483: Fruit prices have increased due to recent theft. Please report any information to the nearest stormtrooper.
- Issue 484: Stormtroopers request help to stop rebel groups. Sign up today!
- Issue 485: Practice your instrument and start a band at the Lighthouse!
- Issue 486: Monster cheerleader tryouts at Club Penguin University!
- Issue 487: Smoothies need smashing at the Coffee Shop!
- Issue 488: Looking to hangout after a concert? Come to an after-party in the Limo at the Plaza.
Current Issue of the Club Penguin Times (Issue #488)
- Talent Show Shows Off The Best!
- DJ Cadence In 2015
- Ask Franky: Harm O. Nee
- Upcoming Events
- Ask Franky: Rock N. Roll
- Secrets: Secrets of the Cove
- Get Published
- Penguin Style: Great styles for the fashionable puffle owner.
- Blast off to Planet Y!
- Furniture and Igloo Catalog: New pieces for puffles and penguins!
Find the collectible pin!
- Hidden now until March 4.
- Next pin Hidden: March 5 - March 18
- Issue 1 was released on October 24, 2005
- The Penguin Times started printing in color in issue 8.
- Issue 100 was released on September 13, 2007.
- Issue 150 was released on August 28, 2008.
- Issue 200 was released on August 13, 2009.
- Issue 250 was released on July 29, 2010.
- A revised setup of the newspaper was released on November 18, 2010.
- Issue 300 was released on July 20, 2011.
- Issue 350 was released on July 5, 2012.
- Issue 400 was released on June 20, 2013.
- Issue 450 was released on June 5, 2014.
- Issue 500 will be released on May 21, 2015.
- Sometimes, if you mouse over the word "Jokes", extra jokes would pop up. This is a hidden secret, just like Aunt Arctic's hidden sunglasses. Many penguins do not know about this.
There are many occurrences of Mascots taking over Aunt Arctic's spot in "Ask Aunt Arctic".
- The Club Penguin Times has almost as many readers as the New York Times.
- The April Fools' Party 2008 newspaper and during entire month of May 2012 and October 2012, Gary took over Aunt Arctic's Place in the "Ask Aunt Arctic" section.
- The name is a parody of various newspapers named "The (towns name) Times" (e.g., The New York Times).
- In issue 129 The Club Penguin Times announced that in issue 130 Aunt Arctic is going to be the chief of The Club Penguin Times.
- In one of the issues if you put your mouse over one of the submit buttons a green puffle would appear out the window.
- According to Gary there are Elite Penguin Force agents on the Club Penguin Times' staff.
- As of the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012, the Book Room is the Club Penguin Times HQ.
Names in other languages
|| Club Penguin News
|| Club Penguin News
|| Noticias de Club Penguin
|| Club Penguin Rundschau
|| Известия Клуба Пингвинов