The Club Penguin Times' headline logo.
Club Penguin Times (formerly known as The Penguin Times before Issue 100, also known as Club Herbert Times during the Operation: Blackout and as Imperial Times during the Star Wars Rebels Takeover) is Club Penguin's local newspaper, which comes out every Thursday. Prior to July 2011, the newspaper was released every Friday. It is one of the only sources of information, other than books. Aunt Arctic is its editor-in-chief, as well as its formal help columnist.
On November 18, 2010 the newspaper got a new look. Now, there are only two pages and you have to scroll. This is to help the Club Penguin team to work on things other than the newspaper. Their headquarters has been the Book Room since the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012 started.
Sections of the new format
- News Flash
- Feature Story
- Support Story
- Upcoming Events
- Island Rumors (sometimes)
- Ask Aunt Arctic
- Ask Aunt Arctic (sometimes)
- Bonus Story (sometimes)
- Comics (sometimes)
- Jokes and Riddles
- Get Published
- Poem (since Issue 400)
Sections of the old format
celebrating the 100th Issue of The Penguin Times.
The article celebrating the 150th issue of The Penguin Times.
- 'A' section (featured stories):
- 'B' section (regular features):
- 'C' section (Extras):
- Bonus Puzzle (every other week)
- Upcoming Events
- Fan Comics
- Sensei's Fortune Cookie (only appears when something is soon to occur concerning ninjas)
- 'D' section (Notices):
Note: The Reviewed by You Section was moved to the What's New Blog in May 2009, and the Technical News Section was moved to the What's New Blog in February 2006 as it is more close to the real life than the game.
In Focus Tours
Starting in issue #125 up to #253, and returning in issue #399, a section called In Focus began running in the Club Penguin Times, here is a list of every topic discussed of In Focus:
|| This section requires expansion. Please help the Club Penguin Wiki by adding more info to it.
The News Flash section has been running in the Club Penguin Times since Issue 296. Here is a list of the Newsflashes.
- Issue 296: Rockin' parties have been spotted in igloos all over the island. To join a rock star's party, click the (igloo) on your map. Don't forget your instrument!
- Issue 297: Ninja tea parties! Between intense matches, Water Ninjas and Fire Ninjas have been drinking tea together. Join in the tradition with Tea Ceremony robes from the Martial Artworks catalog.
- Issue 298: Mapmakers reveal new island map! Games, places, shopping and pets are now easier to find. Check out the new look by clicking the map in the bottom left of your screen.
- Issue 299: Sailor songs and mermaid melodies out now! Get new tracks for your igloo and invite your shipmates for a sea shanty sing-along. Arr!
- Issue 300: Challenge the cranky crab in the Hidden Lake! To crack his shell game, be sure to snap up the blue crab costume. Remember-you can get to the Hidden Lake by exploring the Mine.
- Issue 301: Clickety click! The island is crawling with crabs! Causes are unclear, but one thing is certain: curious crustaceans are cropping up everywhere!
- Issue 302: Race to the Gift Shop for the latest extreme sports gear. Suit up with snow and stunt equipment in the Penguin Style catalog!
- Issue 303: Ramp up your igloo with new furniture from Better Igloos! Half-pipes and foam pits can make any igloo EXTREME! Scope the catalog in your igloo!
- Issue 304: Team Blue and Team Red are competing now at the Stage! Wear your favorite team color and join the rally. Just watch out for flying dodgeballs!
- Issue 305: Earn new Party stamps for your Stamp Book. Climbers are scaling peaks to earn The Mountaineer. Agents are dodging obstacles for the Stunt Penguin. And members are earning The Snowboarder by showing off tricks in party rooms!
- Issue 306: Traffic alert! Runaway roosters are causing cock-a-doodle chaos outside the Gift Shop. Drivers are reminded to use caution, and the (music emote) when traveling.
- Issue 307: Circus-themed igloos are popping up all over the island! Spellbound audiences are reminded to take caution. When daredevils leap through flaming rings of fire - stand back!
- Issue 472: Migrator, ahoy! Check the telescope on top of the Lighthouse.
- Issue 473: Celebrate one year of gold puffles. Wear your best bling to the Gold Mine!
- Issue 474: Only 28 days until the Holidays! Don't save your sandwiches, save your coins! - Rookie
- Issue 475: Customers at the Pizza Parlor are asked to not cut slices with their swords.
- Issue 476: December is here. Show your holiday spirit with a Tree mob in the Cove!
- Issue 477: Blast your best holiday songs at the Dance Club.
- Issue 478: Snow Ninjas! Make it snow at the Dojo to celebrate the season!
- Issue 479: Toy makers are needed at the School! Rush orders are still coming in!
- Issue 480: Ring in the New Year with big flashy lights! Head to the Ski Hill to watch the fireworks!
- Issue 481: The Puffle Park is hopping with new species of puffles! Because bunnies.
- Issue 482: Adventurers gather in the Gold Mine to search for hidden passages!
- Issue 483: Fruit prices have increased due to recent theft. Please report any information to the nearest stormtrooper.
- Issue 484: Stormtroopers request help to stop rebel groups. Sign up today!
- Issue 485: Practice your instrument and start a band at the Lighthouse!
- Issue 486: Monster cheerleader tryouts at Club Penguin University!
- Issue 487: Smoothies need smashing at the Coffee Shop!
- Issue 488: Looking to hangout after a concert? Come to an after-party in the Limo at the Plaza.
- Issue 489: Pi day is March 14. Bring calculators and pie! Lots of pie! We like apple, and pumpkin, and rhubarb, and SIN/COS functions.
- Issue 490: The new Lodge is almost finished! Check out the home of the Puffle Guides before the big launch next week!
- Issue 491: Pirate restaurants gaining popularity, despite stinky cheese menu.
- Issue 492: Explore the island and enjoy Puffle Party favorites like the obstacle course at the Rink and the zoo at the Dock!
- Issue 493: Sneaker heads are comparing their new kicks at the Clothes Shop. What do you think of these styles?
- Issue 494: Visitors to the Ski Hill are asked not to loosen the belt that is holding the chair lift together. It is a precision instrument!
- Issue 495: Bring your noisemakers and horns and toot blasters to Club Penguin University. It's Spring Break and it's going to get LOUD!
- Issue 496: Happy Sunggle-a-Snowgie day! Each one is like a snowman marshmallow. Except not like Marshmallow, the snowman.
- Issue 497: Check out the Palace in the Dock for a tour of where the royalty live. Or just slide down the banister!
- Issue 498: Vegetarian week starts on May 18! Celebrate by cooking up your best veggie recipes.
- Issue 499: Dress up as your favorite character and take selfies on rides at the Fair!
- Issue 500: Ride attendants needed! Robos at Galaxy Park, dragons to Ye Olde Castle and scurvy pirate crabs to the Pirate Park!
- Issue 501: Fair fashions making a big splash. Especially the butterfly mermaids
- Issue 502: Clowns thanked Rookie for the successful Fair by making him a pie. So far, it's still sitting on his doorstep while he cowers in his igloo.
- Issue 503: There are rumors that some of the new Stage Igloos are haunted by a phantom! Form a ghost-hunting brigade and find out!
- Issue 504: Swimming lessons cancelled due to crocodile party in the Underground Pool.
- Issue 505: Snow sculptures will be finished next week! Local artists celebrate!
- Issue 506: Teachers wanted at CP university. There are positions in Skaetboarding 101, Potion Mixing 100, an Joke Writing 300.
- Issue 507: Fishdog sellers needed at the Stadium. Man the snack carts and feed those fans.
- Issue 508: Fashion-savvy penguins report that gold is back in. Did it ever leave?
- Issue 509: As fun as it would be, penguins are asked NOT to open Portal Boxes while in Rockhopper's mind.
- Issue 510: International Cat Day is coming up on August 8. How will you and your furry friends celebrate?
- Issue 511: *Issue 511: Did you know it's International Clown Week!? Rookie sure does, so he's taking a vacation!
- Issue 512: Ninja convention on the Iceberg! Bring your full snow ninja outfits and practice your moves.
- Issue 513: Volunteers for the "Save the broken Aqua Grabber" foundation are meeting this week in the Hidden Lake.
- Issue 514: Record all the big moments of Fashion Festival with a Video Camera or Camera. Available for members at the Clothes Shop!
- Issue 515: Suit up! Members can get knight costumes in the Clothes Shop for kingdom igloo parties.
- Issue 516: Randomly, mobs of jesters have been seen dancing around the island. This is no laughing matter!
- Issue 517: Princesses dueling at the Snow Forts! Knights are on the scene calling for peace.
- Issue 518: Ogre mob invades the Plaza! Turns out they just want to dance.
- Issue 519: Penguins waving at the Epic Wave. Why not try surfing it instead?
Current Issue of the Club Penguin Times (Issue #519)
- The 10th Anniversary Is Here!
- Breakthrough In Penguin Robotics!
- Ask Gary: Orecollecter
- Upcoming Events
- Fan Art
- Secrets: Pufflescape Tips
- Get Published
- 10th Anniversary Celebrations Begin - It's here!!! You're here!!! What could be better?
- Penguin Style: Hit up the party in spooky style with new Halloween looks.
- Furniture & Igloo Catalog: Continue the long tradition of haunted igloos with this furniture!
Find the collectible pin!
- Hidden now until October 14.
- Next pin Hidden: October 15-28
- Issue 1 was released on October 24, 2005
- The Penguin Times started printing in color in issue 8.
- Issue 100 was released on September 13, 2007.
- Issue 150 was released on August 28, 2008.
- Issue 200 was released on August 13, 2009.
- Issue 250 was released on July 29, 2010.
- A revised setup of the newspaper was released on November 18, 2010.
- Issue 300 was released on July 20, 2011.
- Issue 350 was released on July 5, 2012.
- Issue 400 was released on June 20, 2013.
- Issue 450 was released on June 5, 2014.
- Issue 500 was released on May 20, 2015.
- Issue 550 will be released on May 5, 2016.
- Sometimes, if you mouse over the word "Jokes", extra jokes would pop up. This is a hidden secret, just like Aunt Arctic's hidden sunglasses. Many penguins do not know about this.
There are many occurrences of Mascots taking over Aunt Arctic's spot in "Ask Aunt Arctic".
- The Club Penguin Times has almost as many readers as the New York Times.
- The April Fools' Party 2008 newspaper and during entire month of May 2012 and October 2012, Gary took over Aunt Arctic's Place in the "Ask Aunt Arctic" section.
- The name is a parody of various newspapers named "The (towns name) Times" (e.g., The New York Times).
- In issue 129 The Club Penguin Times announced that in issue 130 Aunt Arctic is going to be the chief of The Club Penguin Times.
- In one of the issues if you put your mouse over one of the submit buttons a green puffle would appear out the window.
- According to Gary there are Elite Penguin Force agents on the Club Penguin Times' staff.
- As of the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012, the Book Room is the Club Penguin Times HQ.
Names in other languages
|| Club Penguin News
|| Club Penguin News
|| Noticias de Club Penguin
|| Club Penguin Rundschau
|| Известия Клуба Пингвинов