Club Penguin Island (game)
|“||Some of you worried about Disney taking over Club Penguin. But what if Club Penguin took over Disney? #projectsupersecret||”|
Club Penguin Island (previously known under the codenames Project: Super Secret, #ProjectSuperSecret and Next Big Thing for CP and beyond), also known as Club Penguin Remix, is a mobile app released on March 31, 2017. It was first mentioned in 2014 by Spike Hike and it was kept secret until June 2015 when Riyita visited Club Penguin Headquarters and was given permisson to release a sneak peek. Unlike its online counterpart, the app will be mostly, if not entirely, comprised of 3D models. Accounts on Project: Super Secret will be separate from the accounts online and as a result, some items from online version of the game will be featured in Project: Super Secret.
The mascots of Club Penguin Island will offer the player adventures that can earn them coins, XP and, occasionally, items. Aunt Arctic offers the player 5 adventures, while Rockhopper offers 10, though only the first of Aunt Arctic's can be played without membership. Once adventures are completed, they can be replayed, though no extra reward is given.
Club Penguin Island allows players to create their own clothes using the Clothing Customizer. Using a blueprint as a base, fabrics and decals can be added for design. Among the first features announced was the Clothing Customizer. As the name states, it will allow players to design their own clothing. From what was shown, players will be able to create hoodies by determining the color and selecting through a list of patterns.
Collectibles are are items found throughout the island that can be exchanged for coin at the Beacon Boardwalk. Every item has a specific coin exchange rate, location, amount available per area and respawn time.
The game gives players Daily Challenges to earn coins and XP, which refresh each day at midnight PST. The Daily Challenges are separated in to two sections: solo and community. Solo challenges can be completed by the player alone, while community challenges require help from other players.
- Beacon Boardwalk
- Water Slide
- Change Rooms
- The Migrator
- Coconut Cove
- The Sea Caves
- Race Course
- Party Submarine
- Throne Room
- Crab Den
- Glow Grotto
- Mt. Blizzard
- Tube Races
- Island Central
Project: Super Secret was first mentioned by Spike Hike on the What's New Blog on January 4, 2014 as an excuse for his recent absence on the blog. The following day he posted on Twitter that the first version of Project: Super Secret was running and how he hoped to get "the website up soon". According to Spike Hike, he was originally referring to Disney Mix although eventually Project: Super Secret's definition evolved into "new CP". In December, Spike Hike posted an update about Project: Super Secret on Twitter confirming it was still active and would have an internal alpha. The internal alpha was revealed to have launched in February of the following year.
On June 29, 2015, Club Penguin blogger Riyita posted the first sneak peek of Project: Super Secret, a video of him using a Clothing Customizer to make a hoodie. It was followed by the What's New Blog's own video of the same Clothing Customizer later that week. Following this, would come a new image or video relating to Project: Super Secret about each month.
On November 17, 2016, Megg revealed via the What's New Blog Club Penguin Island, giving players the ability to pre-register for the game. From November 18, players began to receive invitations for the closed beta on iOS via email. This ran until December 6, whereupon the beta period ended. A few days later, release in Australia and New Zealand was announced, with it being released a week later on December 15 for both iOS and Android.
On January 13, 2017, it was announced via the What's New Blog that geo-beta had opened for Canada on iOS. Two weeks later, the What's New Blog officially announced that Club Penguin Island would be released worldwide in March 2017.
The AC3000 and another invention.
Hot chocolate and coffee button
Sources and references
- https://twitter.com/SpikeHikeCP/status/474789427923783683 (IA)
- http://www.clubpenguin.com/blog/2014/06/where-world-spike-hike (IA)
- http://clubpenguinspace.com/projectsupersecret-clothing-customizer-exclusive-first-look/ (IA)
- http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/project-super-secret-new-dimension (IA)
- http://www.tkcpcheats.com/2016/08/our-current-club-penguin-accounts-will.html (IA)
- https://twitter.com/SpikeHikeCP/status/485421110834384896 (IA)
- https://twitter.com/SpikeHikeCP/status/761941397968596992 (IA)
- https://twitter.com/SpikeHikeCP/status/543842532258365440 (IA)
- https://twitter.com/SpikeHikeCP/status/561926476207890432 (IA)
- http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/project-super-secret-revealed (IA)
- http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/club-penguin-island-closed-beta-qa (IA)
- http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/club-penguin-island-coming-soon-australia-and-new-zealand (IA)
- http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/club-penguin-island-now-available-australia-and-new-zealand (IA)
- http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/club-penguin-island-geo-beta-now-available-canada (IA)
- http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/announcement-club-penguin-island-worldwide-launch-date (IA)
- http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/project-super-secret-arr-mateys-there-be-pirate-ship (IA)
- http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/project-super-secret-welcome (IA)
- https://twitter.com/clubpenguin/status/689973647050678272 (IA)
- http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/project-super-secret-fun-hut (IA)
- Official website
- Club Penguin Island on the Apple Store
- Club Penguin Island on the Google Play Store