Club Penguin (website)
| Page/section under construction
This page or section is currently under maintenance or construction, but you can help by contributing to it.
Sometime prior to Club Penguin's launch, clubpenguin.com was launched to tease the game. Back then, it just showed an empty page with “Coming Soon” written in bold. When Club Penguin launched, the website was updated with its features, membership and a video showing off some of the game's features. Sometime in 2006, the website was updated again and now showed a penguin standing in front of the Town. If you clicked the penguin it would change its outfit to random clothes found in the game. If you clicked on the “N” in Night Club, the penguin would wear a Ninja Mask.
In late April 2008, the homepage was updated with a few penguins on the Beach. This was the first version to be commonly updated for most events occurring on the island. This version also had a new trailer for the game. On August 18, 2011, the homepage was updated with more penguins at the Beach. The homepage was updated to its current appearance for the Holiday Party 2012. This most recent design features an image slide, which advertises current and upcoming events, instead of the interactive penguins. In February, a new welcome page was made for first-time visitors of the site.
The main homepage advertises current and upcoming events on the image slide. It also contains links to other pages on the site on the top. Time to time, the homepage will feature videos to watch or songs to download or listen to.
The Membership page shows off the benefits of membership and the prices for it.
Under the Fun Stuff section, you can find fan art and photos, featured igloos, wallpapers, banners, comics and plenty of activities. There is also a poll that is updated weekly. The PSA Secret Missions were put here after the destruction of the VR Room back in November 2012.
Also under Fun Stuff, you can find the What's New Blog and look at some of the latest Club Penguin news. You may comment on posts or browse through old archives dating back to 2011.
The Online Safety page features a tips on how to stay safe while being online.
Parental controls & family safety
(As of January 22, 2015)
|Page Views*||1.5 Million|
|Visitors*||450,000 visits per day|
|Traffic fraction||1/320,000 of all web traffic|
- In the old version of the website, if you click “N” in the word Night Club, the penguin will put a ninja mask on.
- In the oldest version of the site, if you click on the “N” in “Club Penguin”, a ninja would appear.
- Each of these Easter eggs were wiped from the site after the advent of actual ninjas.
- In the newest version of the site, the main screen changes according to the current events happening.
- On June 20, 2011, CP's domain name lease expired. It was renewed soon, but some penguins could still not log in. If you called on Club Penguin's business phone, they would extend/give you membership for one week and give you 10,000 coins.
- At one time, here was a bug on the homepage, it shows the Puffle Party Ski Village and Town, not a normal Ski Village and Town.
- Club Penguin's website domain is registered by Melbourne IT and hosted on Disney's network.
Another old version of the Club Penguin home page from 2008 to 2011. On August 18, 2011 it was updated.
During the Card-Jitsu Party.
Before the Holiday Party 2011.
During the Holiday Party 2011.
Before the Underwater Expedition.
During the Underwater Expedition.
During the Fashion Show.
Before Rockhopper's Quest
During Rockhopper's Quest
Before and during Puffle Party 2012
During the Medieval Party 2012
Before and during the Marvel Super Hero Takeover
Before and during the Make Your Mark: Ultimate Jam
Before and during the Adventure Party: Temple of Fruit
Before and during The Fair 2012.
Before and during the Halloween Party 2012.
Before the Operation: Blackout.
Before the Puffle Party 2013.