The 3rd Anniversary Party was a party in Club Penguin. Hence the name, it was the celebration of Club Penguin turning three. It started on October 24, 2008, and ended on October 26, 2008. Rockhopper came to celebrate this party with other penguins. This was the biggest Anniversary Party before it was beaten by the 10th Anniversary Party, as the party was decorated beyond the Book Room and the Coffee Shop. The 3rd Year Party Hat is also the first hat to have more than two colors. In real life, there was also a celebration in Times Square, New York.
- Town: All of the buildings of the Town were decorated. The coffee shop was decorated so it looked like the cake in the Coffee Shop. The Gift Shop was decorated with an ad outside, and it seemed bigger, resembling the Toys Я Us located in Times Square, N.Y. However, the interior of the Gift Shop was not decorated. The Night Club exterior resembled the screens of Times Square.
- Coffee Shop: There was a Wish-Maker 3000 holding the 3rd Year Party Hat inside the cake. There was also a banner that says Happy 3rd Anniversary. The Ice Cream Apron is also found in a box here.
- Book Room: The Book Room had the 2007-2008 Yearbook featured on a table. There was blue, orange and yellow seats around the room. The Mancala tables were also moved.
- Night Club: The Dance Club was transformed heavily. The back of the room had a large "3", and there were random colors on the dance floor. The Dance Lounge was not decorated.
Times Square Celebration
- Main article: Times Square.
Outside of Club Penguin, there was a massive celebration in Times Square, New York on the same day as the party. It ran from 3 PM EST to 6 PM EST that day. There was live entertainment, cake, and some activities to do. They even had a huge cake that looked like the one in the Coffee Shop. There was also postcards sent out. You could view a live stream from the Times Square celebration on the website.
Advertisements and Sneak Peeks